Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Respect, Love, and Dues.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luna
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an extremely stupid concept. Akarra was a good game but that is all it was. Games are not supposed to have any effect on your life, and online friendships are only text on a screen, nothing more. Obviously it is ridiculious to get attached to the character that someone portrays, be it in game or online. It's reckless and obsurd to form emotional or other attachments to anyone online! None of this is real or has any value.

Or so you would think until you make the fatal mistake of getting involved.

And then you see that, yes, some random individual that you met in a game a year ago is someone that you talk to regularly and whose friendship you value very highly, whose minor ups and downs are just as important as those of a friend you see face to face. Someone you've seen develop as a person over time; it's wonderful. There are several people that i know this way from Akarra, and yes it is great to know you guys! (Enquillion, Syringe, Fang, Killermode, Nazzy, it's been good.)

Then there is Budman who had an effect on everyone he encountered, and i remember well and still see around. Smile

And on top of all that another person i met has become my best friend IRL, and much more then that besides, so i can really say that playing Akarra has altered the course of my life in a major way.

So perhaps these games should come with a warning, that they CAN and they WILL intrude on your real life and more than likely will leave you the better of it.
Poof
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well well well... this seems to be a fun little topic.

I wasn't really affected too much by the game, but there were some people that I trusted more than others, or liked more than others

1.) Boddah - Well, go figure. I've lived about a two minute walk away from him for 11 years. :P Also created a clan with him. Cult (Arcane Faction) <3

2.) Quickdeath - Been Exp'ing with him since he was a lowbie, but he's still a dirty whore. ;| <3

3.) Hjuke - Very nice guy, Really hope he plays this game as much as he played WiA. Thanks for everything Hjuke. <3

4.) Stant - You Douche... just die. ;> Always had advice for me on more than one subject. Righteous dude. <3

5.) Arallu- It's Arallu... enough said. ;P Cool guy, good friend. <3

6.) RSKTheGreatest - A dude I exp'ed with every once in awhile. Pretty cool. <3

7.) Kestion - Hah, yea right. ;PPPPP <3
Kest
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Poofster! Reply with quote

You know you lust for my body Poofy. No one looked as good in the blue/green/purple circular discy chainmail as I did.

Unfortunately, not that it really matters, another person Akarra associated made an impact in my life, but not in Akarra. Daniel, also known as Tavalin to a rare few of us. His impact evolved during my time spent playing Final Fantasy Eleven.
(In this same note, I would like to beg the developers of DoD to take a look at the HORRIBLE balance in FFXI and to never, ever, remotely, be anything like it.)

Daniel was and is a great, noteworthy and mentionable buddy. He still is, however, insanely too quiet. Razz
jellocube27

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's alot of people that are damn right awesome!

I'd have to start with Budman, DW, Pala_, Kestion, R4v3N, and alot of others that I don't have time to mention. Of course, all the girls who I have hit on non-stop. There were also alot of people you'd just meet during the game. As Enq stated, a fellowship you were with just for a little bit would often cause you to meet good deal of memorable and kind characters, often who roleplayed, but didn't take the game too seriously like most of us do. (I mean, seriously, this post is getting a tad creepy..)

Most of the community is great and holds together very well.

Kudos to you all Very Happy (Except Origon)
<jeb_> i'm a dalmatian
<jeb_> oh right
<jeb_> that's "spot" in english
Thanquol
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had friendships with alot of people, and by putting down the names i can remember i will certainly miss out atleast one - so i will just send a shout out to them as a whole, i love you guys!

And to the people i disliked (RUUZ + MOOR), i hope, if i see you in Daria, that we could patch things up.

And to those i hated; go hump a goat.
Cannibal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little drunk it is New years Eve. I can't ever explain how much Kestion is to me. How much I have given, and would give to see him safe and content. While I've never met him face to face.. I have done things for him that have impacted his life outside of this world of URL's and lines..

Most of my family if they knew the things I've done in my life would not care for me. Kestion is my Brother and he always will be. What little bit of my soul, I have left, is his. I've lied to my wife for him. Had less food in my home than I should so that he could be safe miles from me and shed tears over his choices in life that have come full circle and allowed him to find a job in a larger city.

I'm proud of my brother. I've killed for small things under the guise of duty. Suspicion mainly. I've rarely had the chance to help someone. Kestion was worth every breath. Every thought and every Dream. Whether he becomes the Writer I hope he does.

Potential is all I see. If Kest lives up to his, I'll be satisfied never fully climbing the mountain myself.
Thandrophir
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, that was pretty deep.

-Sheds single tear-

The artist formally known as BlueHyren.
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whao that was, and I was just going to say my clan was cool...
Briza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made a lot of friends and unfortunatly some enemies, which i hope could becomes friends in the future, since I am not as annoying as I once was. As for the friends there are too amny to mention, but the ones that were the closest were Poof, Nazzy, Kestion, the True clan, Xellnoss, SLJ, and many others. Thanks for the gaming experiance I hope Dawn of Daria can be as fun as Akarra, and I bet it will.

I know I havent been around lately I've got work and army and all that fun stuff and I have read stuff about people, heard stuff about people, and guess what, none of that matters since I wasn't there to witness it so I will not believe anything and I don't care. Whats with all the hatred anyway just be friends (Okay thats the corniest thing I've said but hey, lets be pals!) Thanks for saying hi in IRC poof Confused
Poof

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::Waves very spastically::
Sorry Cait, I'm on the go quite often. I was probably /away without an away message posted. :P

Good to see another friendly face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: