Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-Novan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manifold
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re-Novan Reply with quote

Notice that our stories are welded tightly together. We plan the text carefully before writing it. We'd really prefer that you would not try and enter into this roleplay without talking to us first. It would ruin the fluidity of the story. Sorry. However, out of character comments are welcome.

For the masses... (Last Updated: 11/06/05)

Re-Novan
He felt.. what did he feel? What was there to feel? How to feel? He felt no pain, no heart-rending loss of loved ones, but just a dull deadening lump of atrophy, choking his soul. Fleeting scatters of memory flirted with him, but he could claw none to recollection. He peered through an alien window to his soul, could see a bloodied face ungrit its teeth in despair. Things happened in reverse, a bizarre opposite of law that jarred his being. Lightning rended backwards, blood spattered inward, rain torrented skyward. And all along, he could almost see knots of friendship untwining, becoming sparser and sparser. Places that should have seemed familiar scuttled out of vision. He could see stars spattering crazily across, and feel the smell of blood. Then darkness.

Liquid light pooled round the still body, draping it in fiery hues of red and orange. The figure stirred, mumbling incoherently, bare flesh shivering in the cold light.
I feel.. I feel I should know this place, my souls rests snug to it like a sword in a well worn scabbard. But where are my twin swords? And where is my scabbard? What is this duality of freshness and mundanity?
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)

Last edited by Manifold on Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:27 am; edited 7 times in total
Ripley
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The burning light receded from the girl’s vision, and everything shrank back to harsh clarity. Where once there had been the swirling, enveloping warmth of the heavenly plane, now there was only a freezing slab of stone, a penetrating shaft of sharp rosy light. She lay there for…how long did she lie in that slash of blinding fire?
In the confused maelstrom of her mind, she dimly recalled that world, so far away. It flowed back into her slowly, reluctantly. The white-coated blonde man whose name she couldn’t recall; the gaunt, sinister silhouette of a demonic figure. The blades of Yin and Yang clashing in an explosion of blurred sparks. Rain falling amid black towers. Torrents of napalm. Pain. Despair. And then…
The girl opened her cerulean eye and sat up sharply, blinking in the glare. As if for the first time, she looked down at her naked body, staring at her pale white legs and flat belly, feeling, almost with apprehension at her back, her neck, her eyelids. She was so wrapped up in herself that she almost screamed when the arm brushed her hip. She whirled round in bewilderment and stared down at the man lying next to her. His eyes remained closed, and the slim, muscular arm did not move again. That arm… she knew the man lying on the cold stone next to her. Blonde hair, thin lips that mumbled inaudible words. Or maybe they had a meaning that the girl could not comprehend.
A thought came to the girl. They were both naked and apparently alone…she hadn’t just…no. That was stupid. She shuffled nervously, feeling very alone all of a sudden. The man stirred, rolled over, and stumbled to his feet.

Last edited by Ripley on Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Manifold

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man stirred, and gradually, he surfaced from ghoulish dreams of blankness. His mind felt displaced, as though it were a seperate entity from his body. The body that should be his jerked awkwardly to it’s feet. It was devoid of any grace - just an ugly animal presence of power. It lunged around, grunting and snorting - feet flapping obscenely on smooth grey flagstones. A glimpse of soft gold; it stopped, surveying the thing in front of her. Large blue eyes, lean... female, in the prime of health. It muttered animally and scooped the female crudely in lithe, muscley arms. The mind of the man watched in astonished bewilderment.
“What the hell? Put me down!”
The body’s face snarled aggresively at her, fine-boned face distorted grotesquely.

..Abruptly, like a fish on bait, mind was dumped back into body. He took a shuddering breath, eyes closed, willing the subconscious automata of bodily functions to continue. Feeling as though he could prepare no more for this confrontation with the female in his numbing arms, he flexed his eyelids open.
“Who are you, girl?”
The man regarded the female in his arms with a steady gaze. If he could keep his mind drowned in those wonderful hues in her eyes, maybe he could stop his thoughts drifting to their lack of clothing...

Last edited by Manifold on Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ripley
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the few, dragging seconds that the girl met his gaze, she seemed to become lost in the intensity of the man’s eyes. In the unfathomable blue of his stare, an endless journey played itself out, forever locked to both of them – impossibly far away. She saw…

The man’s coat billowed in the roaring wind, even as the rain mercilessly slashed his exposed face. He spurred the Pegasus to ride higher; Ambus damn it! The wind was blowing them further away from the tower! From the shining steel projection that stabbed through the roof of boiling clouds, a constant swarm of creatures was emerging, diving and ripping at the combatants on the ground hundreds of feet below.
The Tarian came out of nowhere, blue-black and shining as black water scurried from its steel skin. It screamed at him from human lungs; a horrible, grating whine of fury, then made a mechanical dive. It had the advantage of height, but was blind to the man’s presence. The human deftly turned his whinnying Pegasus and slashed at the biomechanoid with a short blade, bloodily severing a vital nerve stem in his foe’s spine. The Tarian’s wings seized up abruptly and it plummeted, still screeching blood and fury, hurtling towards the battleground below. The man didn’t allow himself a grin, he was past all happiness. He simply watched the falling Tarian grow smaller and smaller, a dark blot becoming a speck becoming… nothing.
Snapping his head up, the man turned the Pegasus, staring below him at the tower’s peak. His fight had led him closer to the Tower than he had intended, so close he could see the two figures standing atop it… or was it three? There was…a blur in the mind… a grey area that allowed no memory to penetrate. It was almost as pure darkness had been wrapped around the man’s unconscious, blotting out the faces of the three figures on that momentous conflict…then the man’s mind went into an abrupt, violent spurt of activity… the rain fell upwards, mingled with blood; the white horse screamed and beat its broken wings; black metal screeched; the man plummeted like a stone; the warm heart of a girl beat against his cold chest. She grasped his collar in desperate need as the boiling ground rushed up to…

No! Get away from me!” The girl screamed indignantly. She tore her body from the man’s animalistic embrace and pushed against him with all her might. He remained statuesque, a marble sculpture, while she stumbled backwards to stand a few yards away from him, fists clenched so the knuckles showed white, breasts rising and falling as she panted like a dog.
Rage flared in her eyes; the emotion became an action and she swung a fist at the man’s fine-boned face. He leaned backwards, as if the action had become reflex to him, but his eyes widened in astonishment as the blow cracked excruciatingly into his collarbone. The sharp pain awoke his senses, and again reflexively the right arm came up to deflect what was left of the blow. He caught the girl's elbow with marred precision, sending her stumbling arkwardly before losing her balance and falling onto all fours.
Manifold

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He glanced twice at her ocean-blue eyes, twitching with weary rage. Might as well speak to her, he resolved. Sighing, he slumped slightly.
“Look, girl-”
The naked girl leapt, fishlike, at him, face grim with annoyance. He saw her arch towards him, her fists blurring into pale comets of rage. In his mind, with crystal-clarity, he could envisage himself leaning left and right, easily evading her clenched anger.
The right fist impacted the air where his head still resided.
The flowering ball of pain in his jaw bone did not matter. She was an opponent no longer. His open left palm met the other fist that was hurtling at him, drawing it with abrupt ungrace past his waist, slamming the heel of his hand into the side of the wild-eyed girl shooting past him.
The girl sprawled diagonally across the hysterical squeaking marble. She reddened, aggravation radiated from her every pore as she slowly propped herself upright. Steaming rivulets of sweat slathered her body, lubricating the floor she stood on.
He tried to avoid looking at her body - it was too.. engrossing. Instead, he welded himself to those blue, blue eyes. To the surprise of the man, he found himself offering her a hand. She feigned to grab it, and tried to whip her fist through his open hand. There was an near-audible click as his fingers snaked round her thin wrist like a vice.
Look, girl.”
Again, her other hand was rising. Enough of this, he thought grimly. His free hand clamped savagely round her other wrist. Body tense, with steely patience, he pushed her trembling limbs back over her head. His knees locked round her fighting lower legs.
Her breasts were rising and falling, steamy sweat sheened her whole body in a erotic.. This is it, mate. Go for it. He shot a bitter sardonic look at his alter-ego and turned the feeling inwards. He threw himself with furious defiance into the watery tempest of her eyes.
“If we are to continue this fight., put on some damn clothes at least.”
Inside, the man untensed slightly - the girl slowly calmed. Her gaze was locked in bewilderment with his.
“I have fought brilliantly against monsters and demons. But I can not fight properly against lithe unclothed females.”
Holding his eyes to hers, he eased out of the hold and sprang back to his feet. He croaked with suppressed emotion.
"...need a hand?"

Ripley
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripley grasped the long-fingered hand; it felt like it fitted into hers so well. Her heart fluttered as the man pulled her to her feet, that feeling again. She knew that strength; that compressed energy in every fibre of the man’s being. In the touch their two hands shared, her name seemed to filter back to her, water through a sieve of forgetfulness. Rip..ley. She tested it on her lips, mixing the name with coppery blood from where she had bitten the inside of her mouth.
“I’m Ripley. I know your face.” She grinned, showing slightly large white teeth. “You, you’re my…we're” the word would quite come. She tried to fit what the word was meant to be with the images she associated with it. Hands, lips touching. Two people, entwined in perfect oneness. Rings, white dresses. But nothing would come. She looked down and shook her shining blonde head. “Sorry.”
He picked up both her hands and clasped them on his glistening chest, placing his own over hers, holding her there.
“Don’t be.” He said. The voice too made her smile, though she knew not why. “I don’t think we were…ourselves…uh, Ripley.” Hearing him say the word made her exhale in ecstasy. It was him, that same man. The darkness she had seen within him when their eyes locked seemed to be dissipating before her. What was it he had said? ‘I have fought brilliantly against monsters and demons’?
“Novan. That’s who you are.” Ripley found herself saying, although it was nothing but an inspired guess. “I remember, you used to be an OGPU commander. But, but you joined the resistance, see? And you were in Hope with Kestion,” another meaningless name, “and it was so dark…then we got, uh…and afterwards,” she was struggling now, but she drew on the contact of their skin. Maybe it all wasn’t such a guess after all. She opened her mouth and stared into the blank blue eyes. “You destroyed him, didn’t you?” She was breathing as hard as she had been when they had fought. “It wasn’t him, I mean when I was falling, it was you! You killed…eh..” What was it, you stupid girl! The words were gone again, and the indistinct image someone in white didn’t help one bit. She hissed in frustration and stamped her foot.
“Don’t you remember anything?”
“I remember the white light. And being cold and wet. I don’t think I want to remember that. But…I want to remember you Ripley. I want you to help me to remember you, alright.”
“Okay. But, uh…” she looked down at herself. “I think we should find out where we are. And get some clothes, like you said.” Her mind told her there was nothing wrong with them seeing each other naked. It was like the most natural thing in the world for two people who were…like a startled bird, the word eluded her once again.
He nodded, took her hand and began to walk.
Manifold

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn’t lead. He tried to, but the mannerisms of the Ripley-girl did not let him. Together, they walked towards and then through the corridor that branched off the main room. But it was more than a walk. A bizarrely beautiful mixture of stroll and pace. It irked him slightly, for now the girl seemed to be leading. He feigned to look past the girls line of sight and abruptly stopped. Those wide eyes were roving hungrily about his face. He wanted to hold her in a stare, but was stricken with an intense connection that he couldn’t quite place. ..He could place part of it, but he knew it would cause something that wasn’t neccessary. Yet. That link; it was as if each had been starved of something, and saw something in each other that they needed. He swore that if he held her stare any longer, their souls would have consumed each other.
The metal-cold flag stones gently slapped upwards at their feet and left little footprints of condensation. Tentatively, he twitched his hand in hers. Her hand twitched too, snuggling into his. He explored another string of tension. Breathing in deeply and avoiding her eyes, he caught her scent. For the first time since their ‘meeting’, he became aware of her as a woman. A woman’s scent. Damnably hard to define. The acute feeling it gave him was not. The second string was left twanging in his mind. He pondered, letting the girl set the pace.
She has a cat’s grace, a sleek nonchalance that irritates me somehow. My grace is inflexible, like a stream of steel. Her grace is the opposite. Where I choose to rest, she chooses to rush. Where I deem to exert effort, she shrugs casually. Look at those blue blue eyes looking at me. What does she want from me? What do I think I want from her?
Just as he felt he could balance on the knife edge between hostile blankness and helpless emotion... he fell, impaling himself upon a giant barb of indecisiveness. The girls eye’s seemed to pierce him all over.
He glanced and saw her shrink into a wary crouch. She seemed to be listening to something. Dragging himself from his logical regression, he padded down next to her and tried to concentrate. He thought he could hear the faintest beginnings of an echoey chant whispering down the corridor..

Ripley
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripley’s attention flitted from the man by her side to the echoes of the chant, a sonorous ripple which seemed to emanate from the temple’s very walls. The girl wordlessly drew her companion towards her, chewing her bottom lip in a way that he seemed to find infuriating and enchanting in equal measure.
Well, Ripley thought, she liked that. He certainly looked so serious all the time; it was with guilty pleasure that she had forced her aching limbs to move so freely and easily. A shake of her hair, a delicate padding step on the cold floor. Then… timed perfectly…a backward glance into those frustrated blue eyes. Stop it, Ripley; she chided herself, stop teasing him. You know you love the guy. She peeked her vanilla-haired head around a bend in the corridor and withdrew to throw him a look.
“It’s this shrine, and there’s a load of Priests, all in black, meditating… or something,” the naked girl whispered. The man she called Novan’s face remained expressionless, so she prodded his shoulder playfully, “So, what’re we going to do Novs?”
“How many priests?” he asked. The girl shrugged her narrow little shoulders and repressed a laugh.
“Don’t know. Four or five,” she smiled up at her companion, waiting for something he was supposed to say.
“Okay,” the man replied. “We’ll fight them, take their robes. Then we get the hell out of here. I want some answers, this,” he gestured in impotent rage at the world in general, “everything, why are we here?”
"Mm"
The girl rested her head on his shoulder and peered at something in the middle distance. Her lips brushed across a jagged pink dent in the man’s white skin, and she looked up, startled. The sight of the five scars moved her somewhere deep down, low in that abyss of mangled memories. Something he did to himself…
But the recollection fled before Ripley’s questing mind and she ended up mumbling a half-formed word that meant nothing to either of them. She raised her head, started to bite that lip again and muttered,
“Sorry. Let’s do it.” He rose, almost physically shoving her trembling body off him, then turned in mid-stride and held out an apologetic hand.
“Girl, just…don’t. Don’t make me remember.”

The man became a maladroit whirlwind of fists and feet. His hand cracked into the back of the outermost priest’s skull, sending the skinny creature tumbling to the floor, and he sent the body skimming across the flagstones with a kick.
Then he laid about the other startled clergymen, concentration etching itself in wrinkles across his brow, placing every fist with such nurturing care, almost as if he were afraid to miss. The second opponent crumpled in a swirl of black silk and purple blood, and Novan turned to deliver a clumsy roundhouse to the third. Ripley watched the man’s every move from one side of the shrine, arms clasped awkwardly in front of her. Every movement of his tight-muscled body made her feel all… gooey inside. A silky sort of feeling deep in her belly, prickling lower down as her eyes followed the brutal dance to its conclusion. It was as if Novan’s whirling aggression controlled her very heartbeat, it was so…correct. She let herself slide a little down the wall.
The dust settled, leaving a blood-spattered Novan panting amidst the fallen priests. The shaft of brilliance filtering from a skylight burned in a heavenly corona about his sweat-slicked shoulders, and the girl allowed her eyes to rove freely. She had never been particularly religious, but in this place, with that light…he was pretty close to her idea of an angel. She wondered if he saw her the same way.
A smile playing on her lips, Ripley drifted over and knelt to examine one of her seraph’s defeated foes. It certainly wasn’t human, and completely like anything she had seen…before. She gingerly raised one of the pale green eyelids, revealing a sightless red globe beneath, and jerked backwards as the eye gave a spasmodic twist.
“Who the hell’re these guys anyway Novan? I mean, what race?” Nothing. “Hey, Novan. Talk to m-”
“What the hell is this,” the man’s voice reverberated. “Some kind of joke?” The girl turned to look, a kind of precognition already tearing at her soul.
“What’s what? – Oh.” Ripley followed the man’s eyes, up to where the priests’ attention had been focussed. The statue stood in a shadowy alcove carved five feet into the wall, life size. It looked like it had been carved from obsidian, or at least parts of it. Where it wasn't a fathomless black, it was blinding white,
The skin of the man in the black coat shone ivory; his features sharp, cruel. White teeth. Two orange gems gleaming in death’s own eye sockets.
The other man was tall, well built, carved like his foe from obsidian and ivory. A sword of silver arced from his hand, following the frozen swirl of his white silk coat. Two sapphires formed this man’s eyes, locked in an eternal grimace at his black-garbed enemy.
Ripley looked for a long time at the statue, and then made a strangled noise, half way between a scream and a whimper. When Novan looked at her, the girl’s eyes were overflowing with salty tears. She slumped, pale white body shuddering uncontrollably, skinny arms wrapped about herself, knees drawn up under her dripping face. No, no NO! A voice screamed, coming out in whimpering sobs. More memories… You are pathetic, girl. So pathetic. You are hardly worthy to be called my daughter. You are NOTHING. This world was running, crumbling in front of her eyes; and in her mind she fell, cold, into a pit of dark metal. The girl lay for a while on the damp flagstones, panting, allowing the hot tears to streak her body.
Novan sat beside her, and she was aware of him crying too. Strange, she thought. He never did that…except once. But only that one time. But his tears were cold, and mingled with her own like their bodies had done in that other life. The words came to her randomly, filtering through a barrier of pain,
“I…I had a daughter Novan. Back in that…other place. She was so beautiful, do you remember? I don’t remember her name, but her eyes….they were so beautiful. We used to play in the fields outside Hope, on those summer days when the sun never seemed to go down. We’d pick flowers in Chirpwood Glades. She was such a beautiful girl, she was our girl.”
“I remember.” She grabbed his hand in despair.
“It’s all gone. Everyone we knew. All of them, Novan.”
“Not everyone,”
“And he’s dead,” she whispered, seeming not to hear. “They’re both dead. I saw Art die, and I saw…him die. We fucking killed him, he’s dead.” The girl shuddered as if her emotions were tearing her apart. “And this!” she flung an arm out to indicate the statue. “I don’t know what that is. It’s a goddamn illusion Novan, tell me it’s nothing but an illusion.” Silence. A long silence. Novan rose, murder in his blue eyes.
“Come on Ripley,” he cuffed at his face, pulling on one of the green creatures’ long black robes, offering a second one to her. “Let’s go.”
Manifold

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He met the sky outside, mood seeming to blacken the already stormy sunset into an infusion of fiery black clouds and anguished dusk-light. Carefully, he steps out from under the archway, treads carefully on the sparse vegetation, as if the sky would suddenly rear it’s maw and gnash him from it with lightning teeth. He senses, rather than hears, someone call him by a name he denies and turns towards it. Even under this crushing ceiling, her lissome figure shakes his heart. He nods, with muzzled emotion and tries to deflect her attention from him.
“..We should find a place to camp up.” He avoids saying her name as one would avoid prodding boils seething with pus-like memories. Where they were, they will stay.
Not waiting for a reply, he lunges down hill, stiff back reflecting the wall of his resolve. She will smash against it ineffectually. In some subtle challenge, she appears beside him, keeping with his determined pace easily, as if she were a butterfly.
“Jeez. Look at this place Novs.”
“Doesn’t compare to any part of Rimsin Forest.”
“We’re fucking lost, aren’t we?”
She knew how to do it. It had always been easy for her. With each naive phrase, she could feel his resolve grinding down, minute fractures where there was solidity.
“Hey..” With a hidden mixture of expected triumph and concern, an artist with the finishing stroke, she brushes his shoulder, the last chink holding his armour.
One touch. That’s all it takes girl. You know him too well.. She watches the hairline crack in his legendary stoicism spread; a bitter sigh; several more lopes of declining grace - fracturing silence.
“Yes.” He turns on a taffy-rooted point, his gaze a beacon of accusation upon her face. “We’re screwed.” Something, somewhere breaks away. And he finds himself holding this woman, this girl robed in fitting black. He clutches her desperately to him; clawing, clawing uselessly out of reality’s parabola.
And for all that fighting and blank indifference, it takes this to quieten her? His snort of derision becomes something more. Damn this.
Pressed against his chest, she only felt the taut trembling muscles give to sudden laxness, his white hot tears staining her robe. The consequences of her skillful chipping.
“I’m scared as all hell, Ripley.” His unfamiliar voice was brimming with alien emotion. “We don’t belong here. This strange sky. This strange shrub. This air.” She could hear him gulp an angry breath, imagine him throwing his clenched fists at each object.
Now a hushed urgency. “I could adapt. I could. If only you weren’t here, a sweet sweet barb in my skin.”
“When I let go of you, my walls will rise. Huge implacable walls.” He breathes her scent deeply, letting it seep out slowly with a bitter sigh as he drops his arms, submitting to his inner exile.
He steps back from her, not bothering to dry his tears.
“Let’s go. I saw a pit in the ground where we can set camp.” He lingers, expecting some reply. For once, she just nods mutely.

Ripley
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The girl walks off, feeling the coarse grass prickle up under her coat’s hem. She pulls it tighter about her body, fumbling with miniscule buttons which stubbornly defy human dexterity. The night stretches endless, fathomless on all sides, and he is the solitary beacon in a crimson dusk. She looks back at him, but he denies her the contact of his eyes. They are fixed on that sky, as if answers would simply drop from the world’s roof to enfold them both.
She gives up on his attention, flopping down amidst the damn prickly grass to scratch first at her ankle, then at a naked thigh. An itching annoyance grits her teeth for her.
“Stupid bugs.”
She kneels to draw little circles in the dust, knowing he is not far behind, carrying wood and stones for a fire. Her man, treating her like a woman. It is the first time she realises it, that this is not a game, a tease any more. You belong to each other. She likes it, not with the helpless like of seeing him cry, but with a more flowery fondness one might call passion.
She wrestles with the coat-front again, feeling the cold on her skin as much as the vulnerability of her situation. It twists in her belly, but she draws more circles, smaller and smaller. Minimise the fear. Her finger carves a five-pointed shape in the beige grains, and the girl stares for a while at the bladed eye she has drawn. Five scars on her lover’s shoulder. Five shearing points drip from the eye.
“Hey.” Ripley blinks, her mouth spits out a little shriek. A bare foot blinds the eye into a mere dent in the earth.
“Scared me Novan. Shit.” She tugs the coat over her right breast and holds it there resolutely.
“I’ve got the fire wood.” A grin inverts her lips. “And… that’s not my name.”
An indignant frown shoulders the grin aside.
“Well, what’s it then?”
“I don’t know, Ripley, okay.” She sits for a moment in pensive silence.
“Renovan, that’s your name,” she says, and pouts girlishly, defying him to say different. Looking at him, her eyes tell just how right she is, and her returning smile momentarily steals his words.
“How did you…” The question mingles with a coil of smoke as he rubs two twigs together. She simply blinks those azure eyes and gives a little shrug.
“That’s just your name, okay. I’d been denying it all the time, but I knew it from the moment I woke up. And, and maybe you knew it too, except you’d forgotten it. All that while you’d been… sleeping.” The girl takes a breath, her confused flow of words stemmed. She prods through a tangible silence at the heap of flickering twigs, and the firelight dances orange and yellow across her face and pale white hands.
Walls, he muses. She can take down hers at will.
The girl shuffles from position to position – on her side, cross-legged, hunched in meditative boredom.
“I’m not changing my name,” she says. “Wouldn’t be any goddamn point, I’d sound like an idiot. It wouldn’t feel right.” Perched on her heels, she looks up at him, rocking gently for an answer.
“Come on Reno. Stop moping. Leave it all behind.”
How, how does she do that? What is this, incredible inner strength? Or just incredible naivety? The past holds so many mysteries for him; the future still more, yet she lives solely for the moment. She has something I can never have. He sits, a marble Adonis streaked by firelight. The girl looks through heat-blurred air into those eyes. A firework of a purple spark dances across one iris, shaking her like a physical blow. Angry suddenly, she goes down on all fours and crawls to his side.
“It hurts me too, you know.” She nuzzles his hollow shoulder, and an arm snakes around to clasp him tight. He hardly bothers to tense.
“You can forget that.”
“I can’t. It’s deep down in here, Reno.” Ripley traces a spiral on the white of her belly. “It’s all back now, and I know what you’re feeling. Like there’s this weight crushing down on my shoulders.”
“Hmph.” He feels affronted; this pain is his alone. She cannot possibly comprehend what he did. What he created. What he has become. But the girl is moving, sliding, liquid over his legs, a furious fire dancing in her eyes. The muscles of her thighs are shadowed as she tenses, pushes herself against him. She spreads wide her arms, allowing the coat to fall away, and the night’s tendrils gesture in sympathy. A whisper, she kisses his neck.
“I never asked for your… liberation. And I know you never meant for this either. You did what you did because…because,” Talking is not enough; she chokes him with a kiss. His hand comes up, desperate, feeling for her shallow heart that beats so fast. She is soft there, soft as…the comparison escapes him.
The girl gently licks his neck and directs the other hand to her right side, pushing him down onto the grass. She kneels on his chest, not bothering to smile. Just panting a desperate need, pushed out of her lungs in little gasps.
“Ahh. We’ll both forget it all.” The darkness begins to implode within her, dulled to a fuzzy heat in her belly and a light in his eyes. The light disturbs her, so she moves to smother his neck and chest in kisses. All begins to dissolve - the forest, the stars- into a heavy steam of bliss. The girl smells his skin and hair, the smell of sweat and passion and something artificial like dark metal.
Again it is there, that unnerving presence, so she moves her eyes, brushes away blonde hair to stare at the join between them. Yes, I am going to make you feel something, you cold, cold machine. Yes… A shrill plea fireballs from her lips and he gives in to it, folding under the weight and feel of her emotion. A spiral of ecstasy blossoms in her and screams outwards, tingling to the tips of her fingers and toes, and the warmth spreads until it fills every corner of her being.
The fire dies, clouds boil above, a droplet of rain flecks Ripley’s side. But the girl does not wake from her cocoon. He is there, holding her. So she does not wake. Not yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Night In Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: