Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jedi in Daria
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manifold
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now.. I know what a light sabre is. What is a light stick? Sounds futuristically obscene.
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, it's actually very low tech. Kal finally invested in some glow in the dark condoms. =D
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Chybi
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey if they had the technologie in star wars which takes places a long long time ago, why can't we have it now? Razz

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL
Stant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because it was in a galaxy far far away.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daria may be far far away from here...
Stant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's to say that technology didn't rise to a point where a great cataclismic event that occured, sent ripples through every piece of technology driven equipment thus rendering them all inert and completely useless, forcing civilization back to the stone age where it must rebuild everything except spoken language from the ground up? Mmmmmm...... High technologically advanced ancient ruins.....
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, yeah

Sum Ting Wong hits rock with sword
Rock starts to glow
Rock shoots a laser beam that vaporizes Sum Ting Wong
Lorsaelos
Posts until end: 750

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant wrote:
Who's to say that technology didn't rise to a point where a great cataclismic event that occured, sent ripples through every piece of technology driven equipment thus rendering them all inert and completely useless, forcing civilization back to the stone age where it must rebuild everything except spoken language from the ground up? Mmmmmm...... High technologically advanced ancient ruins.....

Stant, sometimes I wonder just what in the heck you're talking about.

Really, not a clue.

:P
Stant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some times I wonder myself. =D

Think of Brian's D&D world. During the Golden Age, technology had grown so high that the population became dependant on it for everying, even the simple stuff like writing was done by technology driven devices. During the final battle of the Civil War the (as he calls it) "mysterious and terrifying catastrophe called the Annihilation" took place which destroyed most of the life on the planet and left it covered in radiation. Shortly after that, of what little bit of life survived, 90% of it died off. A little longer after that, all the communication equipment used between the survivors and those off world shut down.

At this point, those that were left, built machines to start to purify the air and land while all sentient life moved to enclaves underground to wait out the clensing process. Over the next 2400 years various mutations occur creating new races as several of the enclaves lose power and force their early evacuations. In the end all of the enclaves eventually lose power, due to the instability of their reactors having to run for so long, forcing their inhabitants to leave, and nearly all the information from the golden age is lost. What few inhabitants remain, have all lived apart from each other for so long without communication, and without the aid of the high technology that once existed, so their dependancy on it is little to non existent.

In a sense, they are slowly climbing up the tech ladder once again to get back to the Golden Age. Nearly 2600 years later, 5000 years after the Civil War, the general world populace is only technologically as far as "traditional fantasy RPG games" with the exception that realics from the Golden Age still exist and are slowly being discovered, used, and reverse engineered. While most of the items true purposes remain unknown, practical uses for them are always found. Does it make sense now?
Manifold
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think also, Stephen Baxter, Manifold Series (no joke, that's where my name came from.) There are major proportion of binary stars in this galaxy. When they collide together, they become neutron stars - don't ask me how, I'll have to look it up - these orbitting neutron stars are called Bursters. When they collide, huge amounts of Gamma Radiation pulse out at light speed, followed by the star-matter going close to relativistic speeds. Everything is wiped out within a thousand light year radius.

Life, in the book, is said to be emergent, always arising when it can. So it does. But because these bursters are common, they always wipe out the races before they have a chance to develop faster than light transport, or manipulate the Higgs Particle etc. They are trapped within a light cage.

Everytime the bursters collide, life is wiped back to the 'pond'.

So.. yeah, Stant, I agree. ;P Everytime a technological race arises, it always wiped out by the burster.

I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: