Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writing system? - R
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talonz
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinite or non-infinite is up to the devs, heh. I think it's more realistic to have it limited with the idea you have to purchase more shelving and such, but books are a luxery (well, something you don't need to have in order to survive effectively). If it's not needed to play well, it still can cost money to enjoy. *grins*

This... This must be a nightmare! Those eyes... It's like looking into the eyes of the diablo!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realy like it that way!

But i don't want the books to be too expensive, i don't want to pay more then 2 or 3 sc for a book(if you have as much money as in akarra). i dont think anyone will buy a book för 1 GC, exept some hardcore role-players. And if a book cost 1 GC you won't be able to buy many books and the authors wont make much money
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talonz wrote:
2. This is immediately passed to a reviewer. Like enquillion and stant suggested, the reviewer should probably be a writer in the Elders of Daria section. If a reviewer submitted their own book though, be aware that they still have to have a different reviewer to check it. All the reviewers do is check for quality and content. To make sure that it's in a readable format, proper grammar, etc. They don't critique, they don't have the power to fix/correct anything. If there are mistakes in the writing, so be it, the book won't sell as many copies. This is just to stop people from taking advantage of the people making bad books for the hell of it.

Let's see, reviewers have an accept and decline button... They should have a text box to write in why it was declined. Give the author a chance to fix it up, rather then just get pissed off it was rejected.

Email Subject: Re: Your story submission
Notice: Your story has been rejected by the Elders.
Reason Stated: Lot's of grammatical and spelling errors that need to be fixed, and your 14th paragraph could be inside some form of quotes ( '......' or `.....` ) much like your character thoughts are to better delineate it from the story so the reader knows it's intended as a dream sequence. Please fix the grammar and spelling at least and resubmit.

~Daria Elders~
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talonz wrote:
Infinite or non-infinite is up to the devs, heh. I think it's more realistic to have it limited with the idea you have to purchase more shelving and such, but books are a luxery (well, something you don't need to have in order to survive effectively). If it's not needed to play well, it still can cost money to enjoy. *grins*

Well what is there was only one copy of a book was published, and some random merchant had it once a day, and in the book was the scroll to some really unique spell. I think it would be fun to have a spell like that that is in the hands of some npc in the woods far off. It would be exciting to look and search for him.
Talonz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant, I like your idea, that should definately be incldued!

Pre, were you commenting on the post you quoted? If so I think you misunderstood it, it was talking about bookshelves?

If it was a suggestion yes that would definately work, the only problem about those kind of books is that if a player goes inactive with learning the spell and all (remember, nobody else can read it since it'd act like a quest item) then the spell is lost forever and there wasn't much of a reason to code it in for only one player. :s Though uniqueness is good, maybe the merchant be in any random spot on the map, and disappear to another spot once somebody buys the book. Though they get another copy of the book once they reappear.

This... This must be a nightmare! Those eyes... It's like looking into the eyes of the diablo!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Origon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre, strangely, your NPC with a scroll suggestion reminds me of searching for Syke / Ekky in the Rimsin Woods...
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camp, camp, camp.

*pitches a tent*
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enquillion wrote:
Camp, camp, camp.

*pitches a tent*

MEN JÄVLA SVENSKAR, SKA DU CAMP PÅ DEN HÄR SPAWN FÖR HELA TIDEN? jävla horungar med en stor lotto och mp5 singlehead.
ignore me, i just woke up.
jellocube27

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like.

I think players who write the stories could have them given to them through the library in-game, as a nice little thank-you for writing about the game. This could be sold to the library for a little bit or kept for fun.
<jeb_> i'm a dalmatian
<jeb_> oh right
<jeb_> that's "spot" in english
Talonz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I like that idea, it makes sense to get a free copy of your story. ^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: