Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writing system? - R
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demonslayer7
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Writing system? - R Reply with quote

It sounds alot more complicated than it really is, I think...

But what about a book writing/selling system where people could write Daria fanfiction and exhibit them in art buildings (similiar to the EQ bazaar) Where mages (or other high intelligence class) over a specified level (say 50 or so) review the submitted books and rate them on a scale of 1-10.
The rated books (if over a score of - let's say - 7), are sent to bookstores in game to be sold for prices according to their score.

This way, players can get money and popularity and the world's story could be expanded. I think it's a good idea, hope it's not too complicated. Very Happy
Chybi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea, but if that happens, I don't see a use for the roleplaying forums here. Since I figure most people will post their stories here and people will read them here rather than buy them.

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL
Demonslayer7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they wouldn't make a profit if they posted it here.
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Until this moment all stories have been written because the people like to write. It would be just ridiculous if everyone wrote their stories just so they could get money in-game.
Besides, atleast I would post it on the forums so as many people as possible could enjoy it. Or, in the case of my stories, suffer horribly..
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was suggested in the old akara forum:

That there could be a library in the town, a library where you can read stories, player-guides and other player-submitted stuff.
But also background storys and monster descriptions

But i don't think you could make money by writing books for the library, that would not be good for the financial game-balance.

Edit: Link to the akarra forum Topic: http://forums.akarra.net/index.php?showtopic=6292

Last edited by Dormeydo on Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Enquillion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a highbie mage doesn't mean that you are a good fanfic critic. I shudder at the thought of how things could turn out. I like the concept... but not this implementation.
Demonslayer7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enquillion wrote:
Being a highbie mage doesn't mean that you are a good fanfic critic. I shudder at the thought of how things could turn out. I like the concept... but not this implementation.

Why not elect the critics in-game or online? That would end that little problem.

As for the library idea, too runescape-ish. No one would really benefit from it.
Enquillion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, then we'd have the election problems. I think the people rating would end up as trustworthy as politicians, there would be someone crying out "Biased!" and so on, and so on. Admins would be summoned and it'd be a hell of a mess.

Maybe if the book stores were player-owned and each store owner could decide himself what to sell.
Thanquol
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe if the book stores were player-owned and each store owner could decide himself what to sell.

'twould be the easiest way, for a player to make books of his own stories and sell them privately from home.
Demonslayer7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enquillion wrote:
Right, then we'd have the election problems. I think the people rating would end up as trustworthy as politicians, there would be someone crying out "Biased!" and so on, and so on. Admins would be summoned and it'd be a hell of a mess.

Yeah, but that wouldn't be too abnormal of a situation, now would it? You get it all the time as an admin or moderator or any other power holder. I wwouldn't worry about that.

As for the private selling of stories, would the players have control over their prices? If they didn't have a rating system, people would be selling their crap and tricking other people into buying it. I say we should have elected reviewers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: