Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Daria be free?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Aid in Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecllipse21
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: just forget this was here...
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sum Ting Wong wrote:
Quote:
maybe rewards in-game for donators? ive seen it on some other games and it *seems* to work pretty well although it might screw up darias economy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i hate games where your char gets all sorts of extras just cause you have lots of money to spend in real life. donations should be for the love of the game, not so you can get all sorts of loot. maybe instead make the ability to name an item for a certain amount of money, like say i have some enchanted fire sword taht deals lots of damage. i could pay $5 and it becomes Sum Ting Wong's Sword of Fiery Doom, or something along those lines. make the names need a mods approval tho, cuz the Sword of Fiery Doom just sounds kinda funny....

Yea i know what you mean, I was thinking that. I would not have a problem donating some money each month. And I think that would be cool to get merchandise in real but not the game. Lets say theres this crazy strong sword in the game but you would need to pay like 30 bucks for it in real cash. Rich snobs would have all awesome armor that people that dont have money cant have. Also you would to consider not every player has a credit card. I'm sure most of their parents would do it for them but the people that cant would have a huge disadvantage. And like stw said, if you donate it would be nice to have maybe armor or weapons named after you, or get new color armor. That would be cool.[/i]
Demonslayer7
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecllipse21 wrote:
maybe rewards in-game for donators? ive seen it on some other games and it *seems* to work pretty well although it might screw up darias economy
NO! Because then rich egotistical doctors and lawyers who seem to pay their way through life with further boost their ego's by paying their way through games! Aaaack!
Arallu
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't accept such a reward...
Getting some merchandise however (a T-Shirt or something like that) will be nice...

I hated the "Gold" system in Gun-Bound, and I'd hate buying my way through a game.
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read through all this but I read through the first page.

Many of you folks don't realize how expensive it is to purchase a server system and keep it running on a stable T1 or T3 connection or paying to use someone else's system or connection (not sure which is happening with Daria yet).

But I would mainly say that this game is being made for the community and the dev staff. It is up to us as a team to keep the game running on a host. If the community doesn't support the game as little as they can financially, the dev staff isn't going to pick up the tab. I personally can't with being in debt with college and other things but I will be supporting the project when needed.

Keep in mind the connection and speed of the game rests on the community as does all free MMOG's.

This is all said from my experience within this industry nothing official of course.. move along Smile
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalorian wrote:
move along Smile

Look who thinks he's a Jedi now. ;P
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
spoon
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who hosted akarra's server anyways?.....we cud always find a trustworthy person wit a good connection to host =)
Lorsaelos
Posts until end: 750

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really now, we could always find that sort of person? Okay, who did you have in mind?
Pre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoon wrote:
who hosted akarra's server anyways?.....we cud always find a trustworthy person wit a good connection to host =)

I know Khaile hosted it the last half year or so, and thats why the server wasnt up all the time, he had to turn his computer off. Someone else hosted it before, I forgot who though.
Manifold

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dude before Khaile was ...Luke O'Connel I think.
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Aid in Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: