Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Dev Update #85
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Monday Dev Update #85 Reply with quote

Development during week 3-2008
During the last week we began checking off bugs from the Harvest bug list and tried some new game balance changes. Nua and lupodw has been able to beat level 1000, which is waaay too much, so we had to do something.

We've also been gathering auditions for voice-overs in the game. It has been quite fun Smile

Planned development during week 4-2008
We are finishing the work on Harvest features, just a bunch of more bugs. thewreck is working on a new website for Oxeye. This website will be more blog- and development-like, and these dev updates will probably be moved there. We'll still drop a post here when something Daria-related happens (har har).

Wiki updates during last week
No new wiki edits (323 total)
No new "legitimate" content pages (29 total)
This week's most valuable contributor: None
View all changes
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
jeb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nivekolas wrote:
whats the har har for?
i dont think i like it...

you get:
a demented little "girl" (???) Exclamation

Hehe... "har har" is a kind of exaggerated/sarcastic laughter. Comes from pirate-talk, and is usually pronounced "arr, arr!".
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
sYnaXis
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you should rename the website to: deathofdaria.com

I think most of the people that come to this website hope for news about daria, and harvest isn't the type of game RPG fans like. I keep getting disappointed every week, oh well. Good bye Daria(Akarra)
jeb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sYnaXis wrote:
i think you should rename the website to: deathofdaria.com

I think most of the people that come to this website hope for news about daria, and harvest isn't the type of game RPG fans like. I keep getting disappointed every week, oh well. Good bye Daria(Akarra)

Yep yep, can't argue with that. If we, for some reason, decide to work on a different game than Daria after Harvest, we will announce Daria as discontinued.

The topic has been up before, but in a world overcrowded with online role-playing games, it's hard to motivate a new game just to please an old community. We want to give you something fresh, not "just another", and we need do that in a feasible timeframe... The equation doesn't sum up at the moment.
Kami
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Nivekolas and sYnaXis. It's disappointing that Daria is being passed up, because it looked so great for such a long time, however I also understand that there are tons of RPG's out there and not as many games similar to Harvest and Strategist.

I do like both games (although Harvest isn't quite my style), but I was really looking forward to Daria because I feel like you guys do have some fresh ideas and I'm very impressed by the way there were community discussions on features and such.

I hope you will decide to continue to develop Daria, because Harvest and Strategist don't hold my attention nearly as well as Daria has.
Kami

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do totally agree with you, Grim Necrobarbarian, but I was simply stating my disappointment.

I have tried my hand at making games before, as a matter of fact it's been my dream to be a game developer for the longest time now. I understand it takes huge amounts of time and I in no way expect them to drop their money-making games for this free one.

I respect them greatly for even starting this project and getting an alpha out at all! I just wish that they had the time and money to devote to Daria, because Daria is what I'm interested in the most. It's the only reason I know about Oxeye at all.

To those developers that read this forum, I appreciate all your hard work on Daria and I hope that none of you took my statements as anything less.
Kami

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do remember a mention of charging money for it, but I don't remember ever hearing a definitive answer on it. My memory fails me fairly often. Confused
darkdragoneye
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why couldn't you just release the game as Akarra was released,

Realeased before it was even done....

Question Rolling Eyes Laughing Cool
jeb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkdragoneye wrote:
Why couldn't you just release the game as Akarra was released,

Realeased before it was even done....

Question Rolling Eyes Laughing Cool

Hehe yeah. The difference is that when we made Akarra, we thought "let's see how far we can get," so the end result wasn't so important. With Daria, it's much harder... It's more like, "how far do we need to go until we can pay the rent?". Obviously not as fun Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: