Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Community Discussion: Monsters & Monster AI - CD I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Archived
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok we are getting off topic guys, what I would like to see discussed is why or why not an intelligence meter or agressive meter in monsters would work.

Snake (level 4) - Int 4 - Agr 8 (against level 3 player)

This snake would most likely attempt at hiding in some sort of grass area (perhaps being invisible to the player). But because the snake isn't completely smart the snake would 'appear' on the screen a lot sooner (as the player would detect the hiding).

Basilisk (level 15 monster) - Int 8 - Agr 10 (against a level 14 player)

This creature is extremely smart and would utilize hiding/ambush abilities as well as calling other monsters to his aid. He would never back down from the fight and would fight to the death.

Rat (level 1 monster) - Int 1 - Agr 1 (against a level 5 player)

This creature would look at a player and attempt to run off. But if the player attacked it, it would turn and fight regardless that the player was 4 levels ahead of him. Now if the creature had more intelligence perhaps it would try to use some type of special attribute that a 'rat' could have, which I can't think of many besides dropping a piece of cheese to try and trip the player lol.

*You trip on a piece of cheese*

*Rat scurrys off*

lol

Anyways those are some examples of what I'm thinking about in regards to an Int 0 - 10 and Agr 0 - 10 meter which would be the basis for a possibly very fluid and intense AI system.
Posts until end: 750

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one thing, whether or not the snake is smart, they have natural instincts and depending on the type may or may not be adept at hiding.

But besides the nitpick, it sounds good to me.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalorian wrote:
Rat (level 1 monster) - Int 1 - Agr 1 (against a level 5 player)

This creature would look at a player and attempt to run off. But if the player attacked it, it would turn and fight regardless that the player was 4 levels ahead of him. Now if the creature had more intelligence perhaps it would try to use some type of special attribute that a 'rat' could have, which I can't think of many besides dropping a piece of cheese to try and trip the player lol.

*You trip on a piece of cheese*

*Rat scurrys off*

lol

The rat(s) themselves 'could' unwittingly give you a disease, and if by some chance the rat realises that everything it bites dies, it could become slightly more aggressive, or even if that disease itself effects it's mind causing it just to go on a mad bite everything frenzy. =D

But anyways, yes, an intelligence and aggressive meter for each creature would be great. It would give Talonz more work to do putting together the DE and keep him from bugging us. =D Just kidding Talonz. DE <3
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Archived All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: