Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holy Ghost Town..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozma
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Holy Ghost Town.. Reply with quote

Wow, this forum is dead. Not surprised considering the only "updates" have been about 'Harvest'. I really don't think there should be updates every Monday posted on the DoD site if there's no development to speak of. I think it's about time for an expected release date - or just kill the project. Anticipation climaxed months and months ago. Now it's just a matter of indifference.

So yeah, if there's not going to be development to speak of - don't post updates. If anyone wants to know how the other projects are coming along, they can go to the Oxeye site.

It only makes sense.

I'll still check back again next week - like always. I'm quite accustomed to disappointment.
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right.

The reason why we are working on Harvest now is because,
- It has the right scale. We can create the game within a given timeframe. We have all the skills required and it's a game that fits our strengths (2d game development).
- It has been well-received. Nearly all of the people who has beta-tested the game has not only given positive feedback, they have also continued playing long after they got the game.
- It has financial potential. Our plan is to make shareware games with short development schedules to finance our big project, which is Daria.

So that's why I write about Oxeye more than Daria in the current dev updates. It doesn't seem like Daria is progressing, but the development we do on other games is crucial for Daria's future. We haven't lost track of our ambition, we are looking for other ways of financing Daria, but our current plan is to sell other games while Daria grows up.

I am glad that you created this thread. It's never fun to hear that people are unpleased with one's work, but sometimes it's necessary in order to keep focused. Thank you!
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Ozma

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the insight. I have to admit that until I wrote that, I hadn't tried playing Strategist or Harvest. After I wrote it, I downloaded Harvest - I thought I'd hate it, but it's wonderfully addicting. I can't wait to see it's further development.

After enjoying Harvest so much, I downloaded Strategist last night and played the first 5 missions. I was always a fan of similar strategy games but figured this was just another knock-off. I wasn't expecting a storyline and the other features that set this seemingly simple game apart from others. I can't wait until after school (night classes) so I can play a few more missions.

Having been so highly impressed with these games I can see you're definitely on the right track - and that DoD will surely be worth the time and effort you're planning for it.

I even had a short fantasy driving down the road today - I thought about if I won the lottery, how I would divide my winnings amongst all of my friends and family. It came to mind that I would most definitely donate a good portion to Oxeye - considering the time spent enjoying WiA and looking forward to DoD. Then, a horrible song came on the radio and crushed my dreams.

So, I'm glad to hear that the development of Strategist and Harvest isn't really taking away from the development of DoD, but rather allowing the game to ultimately be better because of it.

To sum it all up, I'm not at all displeased with your endeavors and this should serve to keep others who may have felt the same way from making the same assumptions.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That was the kindest post in a long time! Thank you Smile
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
thewreck
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really warms my heart!

Like a syringe filled with motivation shot straight into my arm! Very Happy
kinten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it even possible to warm your cold, vicious heart thewreck?

I agree though, it's nice to know somebody understands our hardships Smile
Nothing is closer to our hearts than Daria.
Hayes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where'd you download Harvest? Confused

I have complete faith in these guys to produce some pretty good stuff. Although I tried Strategist and I kind of suck at it, heh.
jeb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya

We will release a new beta test "very soon" (such as this week), but until then you will have to do with the SGA version Wink

Check http://www.sga.to and click on the "download the game" link for Harvest Smile
Hayes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I am downloading it now. I'm surprised to see someone reply to my post so quickly Surprised
Hayes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting owned. I last until like level 9 though. I gotta L2BuildMoreThanDefenseTowers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: