Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fresh Idea !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuKa
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Fresh Idea ! Reply with quote

Hi, somes know me as Angelus...

Sometimes i have good idea and i would want you guys to help me in my idea...

Dawn of Daria, im sure, will be one of the best 2d mmorpg in the world, a lot of players like 2d games.

Anyway, back to my idea Laughing

I think addicted players would like to play everywhere at anytime...so the idea is...why not adapt the game to cellphones too? play your characters while you are outside or at job, why not?

Ok it's only an idea so..if you guys want to talk or argue about it...it would be fun heh Rolling Eyes
Dracula

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI. Well first of all game must be finished on pc, and only then you can start thinking about transforming it to other "platforms" Smile
Quote:
play your characters while you are outside or at job

so you mean online gameplay? somewhy i feel that it will be not possible (comparing pc worlds and mobile(?) )...unless pocket pc or something like that...

And Happy New Year! Rolling Eyes
Cei

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you seen the news Ipod phone? seem funny Razz

anyway hello everyone...hope we can play soon.
kinten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good idea, and it has cross my mind too once or twice. However, the dev-team is working hard as it is on getting the PC version up and running. A cellphone adaption is in practicality a whole new game to develop, and we simply don't have enough people on the devteam to manage that (or the experience of working on cellphone games Smile ). However, I like the fact that you brought it up, discussing how to launch Daria in as many ways possible leads to new ways of thinking and new ideas. And who knows what the future has in store?

We have discussed how to extend Daria outside the boundries of the actual client. Maybe you can't play the game on your cellphone but you could still keep track of your character via for example a wap-page.
How could a player in a way interact with Daria without having the client? Ideas?
Lorsaelos
Posts until end: 750

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinten wrote:
We have discussed how to extend Daria outside the boundries of the actual client. Maybe you can't play the game on your cellphone but you could still keep track of your character via for example a wap-page.
How could a player in a way interact with Daria without having the client? Ideas?

Perhaps a way to manage a personal shop/inn/clan roster and options/stats/other building's prices and etc. through a browser-based interface.
Kami
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The client is pretty portable for those who have a USB drive or anything of that sort. I was able to run it at work with no problems on the day of the photo shoot. Maybe a browser application like a Java applet could be used for various interactions with the Darian server(s). (a la RuneScape, possibly?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: