Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Endgame

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Endgame Reply with quote

i was thinking, mainly from the posts by Seproth in the Levels section since he seemed to be getting into it, about the kind of 'endgame' daria would have. is it all going to be killing stuff until you get bored and quit, or idling around in the cities talking to people? so i decided to make a list of different stuff people would want to see as the endgame.

-buy a sweet house in the capital of daria
-own a store (smithy, tailor, or maybe just a rare item store to sell off the extra rare loot you've collected in your journies)
-if a horse breeding system is worked out, maybe a racetrack for horses
-buying a boat and offering transport services/becoming a notorius pirate
-founding your own town/building a castle
-discovering lost ruins/learning about daria's history through exploration of ruins
-your post here

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Origon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who cares about the capital

gimme a small hut in Daria's equivalent of Raque Woods Twisted Evil
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same. I'd want a nice quiet little place to retire to away from everybody after a life time of adventuring and travelling all over.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
catslayer
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Origon, Stant: Guys, you sound like fellas tired of life. C'mon there's nothing bad in the crowded and noisy capitals!!! Or there is..?

As for occupations: I would love to have a small house anywhere (not very far from cvilization, though=) where I would place my hard-earned rare/unique(damn diablo=) items and tell stories to my guests of good old adventuring days...
How about teaching (becoming wise old teachers) novices (but not n00bs) some hints, helping them to earn first Rusty Sword, assist in quests (teachers should be presented Detect XP-Kiddie level 10 skill).
The idea of keeping own shop is nice as well.
Luthor
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could age and eventually die, by the time you reach level 100 you'll have to trade you're sword for a nice walking stick, and you move like you're constantley drained of stamina Very Happy then you could have a nice gravestone somewhere once you keel over, or maybe get you're ashes placed in an urn them you can become a tradeable item Very Happy wooo
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, i hope your not serious, losing a character you've spent years playing would suck, but that would be funny.

"You have acquired Sum Ting Wong's ashes."
/destroy Sum Ting Wong's ashes.

*now i log on*
You have been lost into the depths of oblivion.

the walking stick thing is kinda funny, but make it a weapon and make it so whenever you attack your char says something like "get off my yard you young whipersnappers!" or "back in my day, you could get sick off of a nickels worth of candy".

Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

catslayer wrote:
2 Origon, Stant: Guys, you sound like fellas tired of life. C'mon there's nothing bad in the crowded and noisy capitals!!! Or there is..?

No, it's called Character RP. Our characters are the solo types. We go in alone, handle business, and walk out alone. We have our own reasons due to lots of background story and what not, (especially since my character has been used in a few games by me since 1998) but I won't get into those now. Suffice to say, there's more comfort for my character out in the wilderness where the rules and laws that I follow are the ones I create and nobody can sneak up behind you and shove a knife in your back. In the city you must bow to someone elses command. In the wilderness, I am my own master, I control my future.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the city you must bow to someone elses command.

and i plan on being that person they all bow down to, mwuahahahahahaahah, MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

the age of men is ending, the age of me and an army of mutant gerbil zombies is beginning!

tro11
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO LEMNIWINKS! yeah well....I just plan on playing with all of you..and bugging your asses. I don't really want to think about the end Sad
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think about factions guys. There are going to be too many factoins and too many advantages in being in a faction than not (from what my interpretation of factions are thus far). So endgame would be rising to the highest ranks in a faction and making decisions that would effect balance of power as well as the storyline of Daria. Your role being a grunt to captain to lord of a faction (using random titles) is part of the immersive element that Daria hopes to bring among many other things that are being considered. What makes it for the original release or post release is yet to be determined.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: