Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Player Run Economy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you feel a 'mostly' player run economy is good or bad?
Very Good
 20%  [ 8 ]
Good
 35%  [ 14 ]
Neutral
 35%  [ 14 ]
Bad
 7%  [ 3 ]
Very Bad
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 39

catslayer
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted 'bad', yet the word 'mostly' doesn't seem very clear. to which point is the economy going to be player-dependant? I guess regular items (wearpons/armors/arrows/bolts/potions (if any), etc) should be npc-sold, yet advanced versions of the same equipment/stuff shouls be created/looted and sold by players. For example, you can buy an iron sword from npc, but you can buy an 'enchanted allmighty iron sword' only from player that crafted it, or was lucky enough to loot it. We'll have both stability of basic economy and flexibility of advanced one, imho. besides, the control of players can be lessened or increased during the alpha/beta/(gamma =) demos. Nice idea, the main thing is the balance. Damn, I should first post and then vote %)
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted good after seeing the mostly part, so long as the game still spawns items that would normally be created at the certain cities (i.e. mining towns being a good place for weapons or armors) to help prevent the economy from getting as screwed up as the current GuildWars economy, which is pretty much out of control because prices for everything are based on what the players sell back, but nobody sells stuff back, and yeah, its just a big problem.

*edit*
ok, i had a better idea, in akarra, i noticed that the smith would only sell weapons sold to him, the tailor only sold armor sold to him, wouldn't it make more sense to have a trader that buys armors and stuff and sells whatever he buys, and then a smith who would always have a constant supply of armors native to that region (such as a therak smith making blacksteel armors, while a human smith would make something like iron armors, stuff like that), so that if you want some kind of armor used by goblins or enchanted or something, you may try to find it at the traders house, but if you just want a set of armor, it would be fairly easy to get from the smith... that might work

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: