Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars Episode III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xhachix
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: It is Awsome Reply with quote

the movie is great i would give it a 9/10 or 92/100 umm i never thought that, that is why akankin went to the darkside, it is wierd and why he got that vader stuff like the mask and so on.
Nazzy
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible SPOILERS ;p

Hell no, he didnt go over to the dark side too early the seeds were planted in ep2, it was becoming obvious of his arogance and hate and such.

Moving onto the whole vader thing, true its not like vader to express any emotion at all but i suppose its fitting for the fact he killed what he tried to preserve.

Death Star, im guessing it was what 15-20 years for the first one to be build by the looks of it, but lets not forget, in design terms completely new, second one which im guessing the gap in years was probabaly around 10 or something was able to cut out bits of the design that werent needed, ALSO who said it wasnt being constructed at the same time as the first death star? Like first contact, ' why build one, when you can build two for double the price.'

Also going back to the mask and such, those who remember know that he needed the mask to help him breath, and all the other robotic pieces were needed to sustain him to live, because lets be honest, would you be able to live unassisted after that?

Also what did people think of the way the jedi were dispossed of? and was it only me who wanted about 15-30 mins more of film to clear some things up? such as how han meets chewie, and at least abit of the upbrining of luke and leia?
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: It is Awsome Reply with quote

xhachix wrote:
the movie is great i would give it a 9/10 or 92/100 umm i never thought that, that is why akankin went to the darkside, it is wierd and why he got that vader stuff like the mask and so on.

What do you mean, why anakin went to the dark side? SPOILERS. The movie explains that he is scared of death and his loved ones dieing and he wanted to save them. Then are you asking why he got that black suit? He caught on fire, thats why. But then again, you can just not be asking those questions and I'm confused.
Slayermagic
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILER (Even though most of you have already seen it, otherwise the rest probably won't (all except CatSlayer BD) )

I completely agree with the "needing more information on how the jedi were disposed of". I, for one, think that the execute plan 132 (or some odd numbers liek that) was completely absurd. So what they were trying to say is that somehow the only jedi to sense danger was Yoda. Seriously, that only contradicted the whole force issue going on in Star Wars. Supposedly a Jedi Knight (who is properly trained) IS supposed to be able to use and maintain the force (which determines their ability to detect the following: danger, anger and feelings for that matter). Though we were clearly shown, that practically every single Jedi Knight was able to be eliminated by a common soldier. I understand it was probably the best solution considering Darth Sidious was a one man sith army. I still would have liked a better "End To The Jedi's".

-If you're not living life on the edge, then your taking up too much space
-No matter which direction you start, it's always against the wind coming back.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were all eliminated because they were all gunned down... Many of them shot in the back. That's why simple soldiers were able to eliminate them. As for sensing the danger, they were all fighting in battles, they were sensing danger all around them for a long time... Then their allies turn against them and bang, they're dead, shot in the back or gunned down by thirty or so clone troopers... It only takes one lucky shot to kill you, or slow you down enough to let another shot in to kill you. As for Yoda sensing the betrayal, he was supposed to be the wisest Jedi on the counsel, meaning he knew better. Plus he had the wookies for protection and wasn't in any direct fighting like the other Jedi.... Think about it. Every question has a simple answer.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Saven
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure the seeds were planted in ep. II, but come on?
Anakin: Oh no, what have I done?
Palpatine: Join me!
Anakin: Ok!

Other than that and a couple other scenes the movie was awesome, 9/10.

Last edited by Saven on Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Boddah
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Ok, honestly. The movie starts out with a pretty cool fight scene, Anakin kills Dooku or Duku or Dookoo or whatever the hell his name is, and then he starts to get really chummy with the Emperor to be. He knocks his bitch up, and then suddenly the Emperor to be convinces him to join the dark side. It was lame how easy it was, because Anakin showed these half-assed signs of doubt the whole time. He was a Jedi. They are supposed to be loyal and all that. He would've at least given it a bit more thought. It was also hella lame how the Emperor to be just instantaneously said "OK YOU WILL BE KNOWN AS DARTH VADER BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF A WEIRD NAME FOR YOU AS A SITH FOR LIKE 3 WEEKS NOW."

Anyhow, how Anakin killed the little kids was hilarious. I almost cried when that happened I was laughing so hard. Basically, after Anakin gets his ass whipped by Obi-Wan, he is left to burn in some lava with one fake arm and no legs. Obi-Wan is a real dick. So then his bitch gives birth, and dies. As soon as you get this really cool suiting up of Darth Vader, he lets out this estrogen-inspired, super cliche "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" and spreads his arms like an idiot. Then it shows Leia and Luke being separated, and it ends.

Oh shit, sorry. Spoiler alert! ;P

I give the movie a 5/10 because it basically sucked, but it was cool to see them tie up the ends for the old movies. Anyone that says otherwise is just too absorbed in being a Star Wars freak to see that this is indeed another piece of cinematic shit from Lucas. It was better than the other new ones though; they all got a -47/10.

EDIT :: Check this out, he rips this movie a new one better than I could ever dream of. I love Maddox.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: