Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things that DoD should NOT have.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drogla
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone suggested NOT having a bank usage fee?
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, why would we do that? There has to be some kind of cost associated with usage.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Archosseus
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drogla wrote:
has anyone suggested NOT having a bank usage fee?
Well if there isn't a fee, everyone could just swap around items without any costs, which is wrong.

If you'd compare it to real life, what would be the use of setting up a bank without having any profit from it and not getting any fees?

It's very simple, the player wants to trade an item or gold to the account bank (not character bank) so the bank asks a small fee (like I said 5/10% of item value or gold) in return for giving you the possibility to give items to alternate characters. Or make it a level based fee or an amount of items based fee. A certain procent of the items value would be more appropiate in my opinion though.

Imagine a player wanting to give a staff with magical abilities to his wizard by using the account bank. If the staff has a high value, either he still continues his way of trading or he stops and wants to find out another. He wants no fee so he drops it somewhere but he gets back with his wizard and it's gone. Own fault. He isn't to blame for being greedy but it's still his own fault. Next time he'll use the bank.

Maybe the money taken from the items true value could go to other things like merchants or a 'box' that if full generates a random event in the specified town? I think players would be more then anxious to deposit in the bank by then. ;D

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money sinks are good for preventing inflation. And hell, here I go again promoting WoW but, in that game:

- No items can be dropped on the ground, period. By doing so, you destroy them.
- You can, however, send items freely to any character using the mail system, but! Everything (that isn't of low or standard quality) you've already used will be bound to that character, not possible to send. Where you grind, you won't find items to suit your lowbie alts. If you grind somewhere to get items for your lowbie alt, you will find it terribly unrewarding and slow. If you continuously save items that might come in handy on a future alt, well, your choice, but bank space gets quite precious. Add to this that a lot of good items bind on pickup (when they're looted).

So, what remains? Of course you can send the alts money (or buy stuff for them yourself). However, vendors in WoW charge ridiculous amounts for their wares, they're out of question. And if you buy the items at the auction house, you'll be benefiting someone else, probably someone the same level as your alt, who has gained the items through hard work. Tell you what? Fair deal.

Even if you craft items for your alts, you'll still be losing money as most professions depend on other professions to get their ingredients. I'm not talking about mining and blacksmithing, I'm talking about the leather that the blacksmiths sometimes need as well. And, guess what, you'll be buying that off other players too. More money lost. Aside from the auction house value of the item, which also becomes 0, as soon as you equip it and bind it to you.

It's not as simple as "I've outgrown this sword, I'll send it to my alt". As for mounts, you can't get a mount period till level 40, and they cost a hefty sum of gold. Of course, if you're level 60 it might not be that much, but then you've already sold your soul to Blizzard.

Learn from this, mortals. ^^
Mythalinear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In real life the bank GIVES you money for using their bank... wouldn't it be nice if we could get interest? Laughing

No, but seriously... I think a small bank fee would be realistic considering that the banker has to hold your junk for you and keep it safe.
Origon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a difference between the bank giving you interest on your money, and it storing your items for free. Go to any storage rental place thingy and try to get them to give you interest on storing your snowmobile Laughing THEY charge YOU
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowmobiles in daria!

vroooom vroooom!

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythalinear wrote:
In real life the bank GIVES you money for using their bank... wouldn't it be nice if we could get interest?

Only in a savings account... At least here where I live... And only when you give them your money first. As the banking system works, the interest you get paid is their way of paying you for loaning them your money so that they can give it to someone else.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could add loans, and then a lvl 10000000 monster called the Tax Collector, and he'd hunt you based on IP address instead of account, and when he kills you he takes all your stuff until the loan is repayed! Razz

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Drogla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recall that there was a fee to take out things in AND out of your bank in WiP

perhaps it should be changed to paying to get a bank box, and paying for additional space?

A fee for Acessing your bank box, but not for each item you put in\take out

Last edited by Drogla on Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: