Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wishing Wells - R
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were 3 if I recall correctly.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting topic going on here. I took my first glance on this topic just reading the title and decided not to read through it. But I took the chance this morning and started reading through it.

Money control and item flooding is the biggest killer of game economics for such as these. I like how WoW has setup their items and such where they soulbound to the user so they can't be traded once you use them. This prevents 10 of the same item being found used for a while then tried to be sold vs 10 more.. so now you have 20 of the same item for sale.. prices drop like a rock while the newest discovered items price rises above the roof.

I could see how a well would be beneficial but perhaps I agree with stant on this that a well would be used more for 'rare' ingredients of potions and such and only an alchemy with X amount of alchemy skill and X amount of int would know its real purpose.

I can also agree with Enquillions idea with guild donations to a certain diety that it would give guild bonuses for an amount of time. But I would also like to see a focus on item donations and such instead of just gold.

Planning item flooding and money inflation is 2 of my main goals for Daria's economy.. at the sametime doing my best to make sure things aren't inconvenient for the player and the player can still make money.
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think about item donation...Interesting. Okay well let's say you are soulbound to an uber rare piece of equipment. You come across a duplicate of that uber rare item (lucky you), should you be able to throw the extra into a certain well for a certain bonus to the one you're already soulbound to? Would this be effective in prolonging the usefulness of weapons and attachment to weapons?
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea Dark Hydra but I am sure it would a be a huge balancing issue.

I could see it giving 1% or 2% adjustments to all of the enhancements on the armor or item.. or possibly just 1. This would make armor ever changing. I would think there would need to be a limit to about 4-5 of that certain being enhanced.

would like to see more discussion in regards to this suggestion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're talking items here, and I know in the past armor sets were brought up, how about using wishing wells as a way to 'activate' the combined armor sets. I have the Golem Sword, and the Obsidian Plate, but that's only 2 of the 5 piece Earthen Guard set. In order to get the partial bonus for the set, toss them in the well. Every time I acquire another piece in the set, I toss in that piece, plus the current activated pieces into the well to activate all three, four, or five. If at any point, I remove a piece of the armor, the activation is broken and I need to return to the well to 'reactivate' what I have again.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
DarkHydra
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I'm clear on what that would do exactly, but it sounds really interesting. I'll try to think of something more constructive to say later, I'm feeling brain dead right now.
vavaylah
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the overall idea is good but needs some tweaking to it.
Stant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... That's why it's open for discussion...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: