Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Few Random Ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BudMan
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Idea to stop KSing is this: Once you (or an FS) attacks a monster a timer is started for a few seconds (enough time for the slowest weapon or spell to be used). In that time anyone is free to attack the monster, but as long as the timer is still going and you deal atleast 50% of the damage then you get all the xp plus all drops.

That does not mean you won't get the xp for saving someone. Once the timer (which is only a few seconds) has run out, anyone is free to attack the monster and start there own timer getting full xp and rewards. A simple color change of the monsters name would let you know that theres a timer on it and its being attack by somoene else.
Eponick
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about powerleveling?
You do 50% of the damage and then after the timer runs out a friend kills it and you get all the exp. And for drops I think they should stay on the corpse on the ground. There would be a minute timer and then they would be able to be looted by anyone. A minute later they would auto delete if no one has picked it up. This would also keep you from having to pick up stuff you dont want.
BudMan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure I understand what you are saying, or you don't understand what I said. They would have to kill the monster before the timer runs out.

I agree about the drops 100%.

Say if I wanted you to power level me. I would have to attack the monster first and do atleast 50% of the damage, then you would have to kill it while the timer is still going.

Doing 50% of the damage would be harder then just FSing with you and letting you do 100% of the killing.
Archosseus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BudMan wrote:
My Idea to stop KSing is this: Once you (or an FS) attacks a monster a timer is started for a few seconds (enough time for the slowest weapon or spell to be used). In that time anyone is free to attack the monster, but as long as the timer is still going and you deal atleast 50% of the damage then you get all the xp plus all drops.

That does not mean you won't get the xp for saving someone. Once the timer (which is only a few seconds) has run out, anyone is free to attack the monster and start there own timer getting full xp and rewards. A simple color change of the monsters name would let you know that theres a timer on it and its being attack by somoene else.

I wouldn't call that a bad idea but i still there is a more simple way to avoid killstealing. As soon as you hit a monster, only you and your fellowship can hit it. Others would just have no command if clicking on the monster. Based on thewreck's thought, though now you don't have trouble with the danger of being interrupted by some fool spamming the fellowship request. Anyhow, after a small duration of time, the seal is off the monster and others have the opportunity to attack. You still get experience for what you hit though, so the other one doesn't get everything. The gold is compromised but the other one does get the drop.
For example a 5 second seal time. Goblin#66 has 100 health.
You hit the goblin and get him down to 25 health and run away. Later someone else finishes him off. The first player gets 25% of the total experience. The later person gets 75% and the drop. The coins received is devided. The first one gets 2 gold and the later guy gets 6 gold. (Just see this as a summary, i don't know if you tried to point this out?)
If after a certain period of time (20 human minutes?) the creature isn't finished off yet then all the experience points, the gold and the drop go to the last killer.
That, i think, would be the best way to deal with it.

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
LookinToDie
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archosseus, 1000% xp off one goblin ;P
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archosseus, you did mean that the first person would get 75% and the second 25%, right?

What about monsters that get healed, or regenerate?

IMO the whole % damage = % exp system is bad, I can mention other examples. There might be this really badass spell that does a ton of damage, bringing down monsters your level to 20% health. However, you are also immobile for 10 seconds after casting it. Cast it, have someone else finish it. Get 80% the exp even though you should have been righteously been hit over and over for 10 seconds. Or if you just need to do >50%, then you get it all, like Eponick said. Anyhow, you rest, rinse and repeat.

And the solution is not to remove (or rather, not add) such spells and handmake the skills and spells system to fit this. That will make it incredibly boring.

The EQ2 system that Eponick described is very interesting. I couldn't defeat the monster; I let others do it. They get the experience, so what? I evidently couldn't handle that monster, and if I want to kill those, I should try form groups with others, for example those who helped me out.

And on the PvP issue, I'd like to go on a whining spree about how people only think it's bad and how they want to outsmart the AI for months thinking they're 1337... but the discussion is old and the best solution is simply different servers with different PvP rules. I for one enjoy PvP - with balanced classes - and most certainly wouldn't want a sandbox mode for complete idiots who annoy the hell out of people simply because they can do nothing about it.
BudMan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archosseus: I wouldn't call that a more simple way. Also If someone runs away from a monster they shouldn't get gold or xp 20mins later, Not even 2 mins later. They ran away so I should get It all.

I don't think we need full pvp. If you take away KSing. Add in /ignore of all lines of chat. Theres not much else a person can do that would make me wanna kill them.

I really don't like to PK people. I feel that I am forced to do it. If there was a non PvP server, or a way I could create my guy and make him a none PvP char (even if I was stuck that way forever) I would do it. I play to have fun, kill some monsters and go on some adventures. Chasing people around all day trying to pk them is not my idea of fun.

Last edited by BudMan on Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
nebbish
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BudMan wrote:

I really don't like to PK people. I feel that I am forced to do it. If there was a non PvP server, or a way I could create my guy and make him a none PvP char (even if I was stuck that way forver) I would do. I play to have fun, kill some monsters and go on some adventures. Chasing people around all day trying to pk them is not my idea of fun.

The issue with this is that you have to have a balance between realism and people who just want to avoid PvP.

I don't think having 2 servers is a good idea because it would just split the community in a big way and many of us wouldn't be able to play the game together. Not to mention the costs etc of having to up keep 2 servers at once.

But I do feel that we should have a choice if we want to get involved in pvp actvities. Even though this does take the realism away it does help avoid random pking on a big scale to newbies, if they can choose if they are able to be pked and pk. Many people think its a bad idea for the reason that you won't be able to pk annoying people. But if the game has a system which allows you to ignore people and a very good system to prevent ksing, I wouldn't see why this could be a problem.
DarkHydra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm not a big PKer or anything, I feel I does have its place and I also agree that having the community split between several servers is a bad thing. As far as xp division goes, I just want to add to Enquillion's post about division by participation being unfair. You have to think of FS's since some will be casting status altering spells on the monster and then there's healers who don't fight at all but do have a big part in the FS and deserve something for their efforts.

In these cases I feel it might be better to boost xp given slightly (based on some formula that takes into consideration the size of FS), and then divide that equally among the members.
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, well, I forgot to add that it was a future solution, when/if Daria gets big enough to support the demand of multiple servers. I do agree that it's not necessary to be able to PK everyone if you can remove all the reasons I'd like to do it for (spam, KS, etc), save sport. And those who would also like to do PvP for sport, they would of course make themselves available. =]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: