Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bounties - R
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BudMan
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of all the suggestions this is by far the stupidest one I have heard. If theres even anything close to this, I won't even play for 1 min.
LookinToDie
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*succumbs to the tempt of flaming

LookinToDie wrote:
Hey let's let's gangbang BudMan! ;E

BudMan wrote:
Out of all the suggestions this is by far the stupidest one I have heard. If theres even anything close to this, I won't even play for 1 min.

You don't like company? Ugh, somehow I can't resist to reply to your posts, BudMan.. Is that's why they like you? o.0

Anyway, since the PvP system in Daria remains a mystery, there's not much we can do about it anyway. Not at this point at least.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm. A system like this, as mentioned in a thread about some similar things, would only encourage PKs. That is counter-sociable. This community is strong because of the fact we got to enjoy fellowships and hunting in packs. Encouraging PK is the reverse of that and a step in the wrong direction community development wise. A good game that includes PK is just that, a great game that allows you to PK should the need or want arise. A good game does not in any way encourage the act of going around and killing people for a reward of any kind, nor does it penalize the victims of such attacks.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The community will grow, and more people will be strangers to each other. Yeah, you think it's good that everyone knows everyone, from a clan leader's perspective I can tell you that it sucks, no great factions arise as we're all just different shades of each other. Either that, or we're sorted out. So many clans in Akarra were allied with so many others, but against whom?

Allied against their fear of becoming outsiders.

Compare this suggestion to the CCPP, the Common Clan Property Protectorate (yeah I made it up), 'cause I bet with the current community it would be an unwritten social rule to not try to claim each other's castles.

There's another important aspect of this system, and that is of course the value of money. If gold is hard to earn, people won't throw out bounties like nothing. So we have death penalties, PvP system, and economy to take into consideration.

'course, I'd like the penalty to be severe and money to be hard to gain so that these bounties really make a difference.
LookinToDie
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enquillion wrote:
'course, I'd like the penalty to be severe and money to be hard to gain so that these bounties really make a difference.

Yeah, in any case bounties should be somewhat rare. A severe punishment for a severe crime? And for a hefty price of course...
DarkHydra
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a MMORPG called The Realm that finally got around to implementing a Bounty system. PKs who were really hated ended up with huge bounties on their heads, which, although tempting, ultimately resulted in the deaths of many weaker hounters. Laughing Was actually pretty funny to see this happen. The thing was though, that anyone could place a bounty on anyone elses head, so there was the potential for masive killing sprees. And let's face it, being attacked by hordes of people over and over again is only fun if you can merrcilessly slaughter them time and again. Twisted Evil

Under the right system it would work but it takes a lot of tweaking and planning. Under the type of community we will have in Daria it probably wouldn't fit too well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: