Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuesday Dev Update #1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avaith
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should have an option to be able to put our own tracks into a folder inside the daria folder and it will randomly play them. That would be nice if you get tired of the game music and wan't to listen to your own music.

Or an option to be able to play a song off of a cd in your cd drive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Manifold
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're at it, let's put in an equalizer, and maybe a playlist manager and a visualisation too.. ;P

Nah, these things are best left for an external app. Like Foobar, or something similar.
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
nebbish
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is so many different tastes in music, which makes Avaiths idea good because there is bound to be people who will hate the music in game even though i didn't mind the music in the preview too much. Smile
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why can't you just play winamp or foobar2k in the background with you're favorite music?
I don't think there will be much music in-game. Pehaps there will be at the tavern or something i have no idea. But i don't belive will will have music palying in the background all the time, that would ruin the game experince, and why would there be music in the middle of nowhere?
If you wan't music, then play you're own!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lorsaelos
Posts until end: 750

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambient music/sound is good though, such as tunes in a tavern, or listening to a melody that the local bard is playing, or the sounds of birds and crickets at night, or just in certain areas of the world. Drips in a cave echoing, the volume increasing as you get nearer the source.

Stuff like that.
kinten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

syspurge wrote:
Just wanted to give two thumbs up to the demo and the wonderful, wonderful Dawn of Daria illustration, both looks really nice!

Spent some time browsing through the forum, sure brings back old memories. I wish you guys the best of times developing the game, can't wait to try it out when it's released. If you feel that you stumble a little when it comes to motivation sometimes, this site might help you out:

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2005/1/18/153331/505

Love you, Embarassed
Syspurge

It means a lot to have your blessing syspurge! Glad to see you've found us! Stop by the channel for some tea and a chat!
Thewreck says hi!
Archosseus
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorsaelos wrote:
Ambient music/sound is good though, such as tunes in a tavern, or listening to a melody that the local bard is playing, or the sounds of birds and crickets at night, or just in certain areas of the world. Drips in a cave echoing, the volume increasing as you get nearer the source.

Stuff like that.
What i would dearly appreciate is just the option to change the game music volume level. Sounds such as you describe could be modified just by a ambience sound bar or such alike. If you don't like the music ingame? Just turn it to 0 and pull up your media player and listen whatever you would like.
Everyone has his/her own taste in music so at least give the possiblity to turn the game music off.
I'm not a fan of most game music myself and prefer to listen to raps and r&b while playing.

Such things, common sounds in exterior or interior would be nice. If not in the first release, at least in the later versions. The volume increasing when you get closer to something should be made possible if you include the option to use your Hardware's 3D sound enviroment if it happens to have one.

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
Naturegardian
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the music its tight i see we have bows also that rocks graphics are like akarrra im also happy about that now all i need to make me happy is a nature class that uses bow an arrows as well as nature spells and i will be happy Very Happy
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People try to make the music so complicated. Just add a mute option for people that dont want to listen to it.
Lemuren
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Shocked so nice... so.. daria.. so... like akarra.. so.. great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: