Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Building the cities...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Origon
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who cares bout building his/her house in the town

*builds a shack out by some remote woods no one visits and sits there*
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... House out in the middle of nowhere... My favorite...
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Luthor
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case the ruling out of restrictions makes a game more beliveable, so the ability to build a house would be nice.
Paddy
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, what about if there were certain cities in the game, which could be conquered by a clan, if a clan conquered that city they would be able to get say discounts in its shops, set up a shop for selling the clans items, and perhaps have a bank. The downside being that, other clans could perhaps attack and conquer that city. Even if there were only 3 of this kind of cities, or even 1, so that clans were challanged to posses it.
Just a thought.

LOTR
BD
Having as many horses as possible
Cold Showers
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy wrote:
Hmm, what about if there were certain cities in the game, which could be conquered by a clan, if a clan conquered that city they would be able to get say discounts in its shops, set up a shop for selling the clans items, and perhaps have a bank. The downside being that, other clans could perhaps attack and conquer that city. Even if there were only 3 of this kind of cities, or even 1, so that clans were challanged to posses it.
Just a thought.

That would be a good idea to have seperate "special" cities where you can conquer it. But if every city was like that, the clans would constantly be fighting to have control over everything. If there were like 2 or 3 cities where you can fight all you want, that would be cool.
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but it would be inpossible to hold the ciyts for then a coupple of hours
You can't just sit in the city and wait for someone who attacks the city, and if noone is inte city exept some gards it won't be any match to conquer it. I don't think it's a good, cause the cities would cange owners all the time.

Edit: But perhaps it could be an competiton, the one clan who can hold the city/cities for the longest time in one period of time wins. But, i don't want the developers to waste their time on that for now
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hawkeye
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy wrote:
Just a thought.

Such things as "conquering and owning cities" would make DoD more like a Strategy game, and further off an RPG. It's not a bad thing though. Monsters could have different clans, attacking each other (just like these goblins in Wraith Woods, back in Akarra).

-- Manatheater.com. Not my own website, but a cool one. Visit when you need a smile or two.
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could always take the guildwars path to this.

all of the guilds are in a guild tournament, then whoever wins that challenges the owner. they meet at a specified time, and the winner getsthe city. maybe then the arena areas would have a little more use, and it could get interesting.

another idea is making the guards alone strong enough to be an opposing force, so that unless a sizable force is gathered, you won't be able to control it.

you should also hafta use siege weaponry too...
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye wrote:
(just like these goblins in Wraith Woods, back in Akarra).

Um... You mean darklings.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: