Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good bye December, hello January!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre wrote:
It says moderation is good if you exercise and get enough sleep. And a moderate drinker drinks less than 1 cup a day. You say you drink like and Irishman, I dont think they drink less than a cup a day.

I said alcohol in moderation... Besides, moderation is a subjective level. Your idea of less then one cup a day is purely your own definition of it, it is meaningless and worthless to me and many others. Let me explain... My idea of moderation is far greater then yours because you don't drink, and I do. To better define my point, let me quote the article YOU presented "In some studies, the term "moderate drinking" refers to less than one drink per day, while in others it means three or four drinks per day. Exactly what constitutes "a drink" is also fairly fluid. In fact, even among alcohol researchers, there's no universally accepted standard drink definition." So what is drinking in moderation? 3 mugs of ale a day? Half a shot of wine? Science doesn't even have a standard, so please don't even try to push your ideals on what the standard should be. I drink like an Irishman, yes, but put it on a weekly chart using the high side of the studies, I drink less then 3 a day even on my heaviest drinking periods.

I appreciate the fact you went above and beyond the norm to find an article to present, Pre, but you failed to remove your own personal bias. Better luck next time. ;D
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Thandrophir
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant: Da Factorial Beast from the Middle East! I know you aren't middle-eastern, but it rhymes with beast.

The artist formally known as BlueHyren.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: