Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Community Discussion: Questing - CD I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Archived
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demonslayer7
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Community Discussion: Questing - CD I Reply with quote

Solving Puzzles 5
Probably my favorite quest type. THese usually have a great reward and are very exciting to complete.

Harvest Quests 4
These are fun for groups or whatnot, Why not? Smile

Storyline Quests 3
These always sort of bored me...

Errand Quests 2
Like 'em, easy for n00b quests

Work Quests 2 or 1...
Aren't these the same as Errand Quests? Question
Tyrael
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Storyline quests - best quests by far. Throught his you learn more about the world and your place in it.

2 Solving puzzles - While these can get annoying at times, they still rule. You get a lot more satisfaction from just completing a really hard to solve quest. And they are generally longer.

3 Harvesting - not the favorite, but I can see their place. These should not be used as a major type of quest, but be relegated to a supporting role. As quests get higher in levels these quests would likely become rarer and turn into "Kill Render" or some other boss type.

4 Errand - Again, it has it's place. They are supporting quests, generally to be used in the context of solving a puzzle or something. Straight errand quests kind of suck but make sense and are necessary for lower levels. Most lower levels quests should be like that, as the NPC gives you better quests when he trusts you and see player development.

? Work quests. Dunno what this entails. Really, most quests are some sort of job for an NPC, except for a few storyline related ones..

The longer and harder the quest, the more satisfaction the player gets from doing it. Quests should increase in difficulty and length as the character levels up. (newbs get a lot of errand and harvest quests while people who have done all these have more quests that involve solving puzzles and uber cool storyline). A variety of quests is also nice to have, just for change of pace.
Nexego
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Storyline Quests.
I love these quest, especially when you need to work together, and.. "in the undiscovered room in the old pyramid we found the book we needed for "Uncle Tom", I took it from it's place, suddenly all doors closed. And alot of evil Iwids jumped in through the windows, we had no where to go, no where to escape. We were doomed.." Not to orginaly but you get it, right? Well, with this game's engine it would probably be too hard to do, so forget what I said. Rolling Eyes

2. Solving Puzzles.
As Tyrael said, they can get annoying, but still these are very fun, they should be long and complicated.

3. Harvest Quests.
These shouldn't be used like "real quests". Just some small quests, you can do when you are in need of a little money/experience. But still I find them better and alot of more fun to do than Errand Quests.

4. Errand/Work Quests.
As Tyrael said, they should be a little part of the solving puzzle quests. I find these the most boring ones, especially when you have to travel very far.. Rolling Eyes

Named Nexego in the Silly Alpha and Assassin Lillian in Alpha2.

Hello, darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision
That was planted in my brain
Still remain
Within the sound of silence

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e227/Nexego/
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/Slakt/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Archived All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: