Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Search for the Scepter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Search for the Scepter Reply with quote

Hey everyone, when I was in 7th grade I wrote this story for some english assingment. This was a very long time ago so it might not be the best writing, but i'll try to tweak it.
Very Happy

It all seemed peaceful and serene in the little village of Malbre. Children were playing all types of games of their own, while their moms were busily cooking their meals. The kids were having fun, or so it seemed from a stranger's eye. Under the fake cloak of happiness of the children lay tension and anxiety. Their town was serene and undisturbed for now, but for how long? Every month new word came from travelers telling word of the evil doings of Masha, the evil king from the west. Masha was second heir to the throne in the West. Last year riot and rebellion broke out between the people of the west. Some said Masha himself started the rebellion, but no one knows. All what people know is that Masha came out the leader and deceived his own brother and father for the throne. While the children acted happy and energetic, they were awaiting the departure ceremony of the three young warriors to help in the fight against Masha. Sorimer the Wizard-in-training, Bloble the Barbarian and Parpeth the knight were to leave the small village Malbre to protect the lands. They felt as if it was their duty to head to the west and save their people.
The three all lived in Malbre. When they left it, they would never forget their home. Their were only two main roads running perpendicular, crossing in the center of the village. In the center of the town were the merchants, shops and bazaars where people often gathered Sunday mornings to socialize and shop. Everyone’s huts were on the outskirts of the market roads, except Sheth’s for he was the village chief and had the largest hut in the center of town.
None of the people in the town were of the same race. It was a melting pot of all people. People came from all over the land to stay and rest, for Malbre was in the middle of Yamah and Cebron. When people went from either village, they always stopped at Malbre, because they needed rest. But since the Dark Years when Masha took control of the West, no one left the villages. They all had feared of dark and demonic creatures wandering the woods, spying for their lord, Masha. There were all different people in Malbre: wizards, knights, clerics, barbarians and more. That is how Sorimer, Bloble and Parpeth met.
Sorimer was born in Malbre, but Bloble and Parpeth were not. Bloble came from Yamah, the barbaric and ruthless village. He came in Malbre seasons ago, and never left since. Parpeth came from Cebron, the royal and majestic village where young men went to train to become warriors. The “King” of these three small villages lived in Cebron, and Parpeth was a personal guardian of the king. He was a mighty warrior. He came here seasons ago also and never left.
At the celebration for the three heroes departure, tables were laid on the green, seating a couple hundreds of villagers. Cooks laid delicious food on the table. Every type of food was their that the kids could imagine. Just as the entire village was ready to eat, Sorimer, Bloble, and Parpeth walked towards the green. They looked nothing alike, for they all had different blood. Sorimer had light hair and was very pale. He was kind and light hearted. He was young, barely reaching manhood and he practiced magic. He was the tallest out of the three, and also the thinnest. He always wore a robe, he never wore armor because he said he never needed it. He had a wide leather belt, and from it, little sacks of powder and mixtures stood ready for him.
Bloble was nothing like Sorimer. He was the oldest of the three, yet the shortest. He was very strong, bald and he never wore a shirt. He had rough leather pants on, and from a loop hung his large axe, almost as long as his legs. Parpeth was middle aged. He was a kind and gently friends, but a fierce warrior to his enemies. He always wore silver chain mail, and he always had a long claymore hanging by his side.
Once the three sat down to the feast, Sheth got up.
“Men and women, thank you for coming to this celebration of more than the leaving of these three. It is the celebration of our salvation. Of our freedom from the evil one. Of our resistance. This evening, our friends will depart us. No one can make them stay in this obsolete village. The West needs as many people to help the fight as they can. Our land lies in these three hand’s and all the hand’s of people who will fight for freedom. Let us enjoy this meal; for Sorimer, Bloble and Parpeth.”
Sheth had a slight grin on his face, as if he found the whole thing funny. He always wore red robes and spoke in riddles that no one understood. He was a small and bony man. His eyes were the part of his body that interested most people. They were slanted, and more like slits than circles.The solemn dinner went on, the villagers being sad for the departure of great people. After the feast, Parpeth, Bloble, and Sorimer started walking slowly to the gate, everyone walking with them.
“Too bad we didn’t get to say bye to Sheth, I wish he stayed to eat with us, he just left after his speech,” said Sorimer confused at Sheth’s actions.
"They went out the gate, stepping out of the village boundary for the first time in a very long time. Farther and farther they walked, out of sight of Malbre…

Last edited by Pre on Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
ecllipse21
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool base for a story (if you going to write more?) i think this story could be really good Very Happy
LookinToDie
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story ;p The atmosphere and the names make me think of Heroes II though. The whole thing sounds like a fairy-tale or a custom Heroes II campaign Rolling Eyes
Pre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I'm going to add more, I just havent have the time.
Pre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloble, Parpeth and Sorimer never remember the Grey Woods looking so long, dark and dense. When they entered the forest, there was no path; trees were everywhere. Sunlight stopped right at the edge of the forest, almost seeming to be afraid to enter. The trees loomed over them as they walked. Twenty men stand on top of each other wouldn’t be able to reach the top, and several would be able to fit inside. It was in the afternoon, but it was almost pitch black in the forest.
“Bloble, if you walk any louder, Masha himself will hear you!” Parpeth said
“It wasn’t me!” Growled Bloble feeling offended.
No one knew what was happening. The three stopped to argue about the noise Bloble was making. But as they stopped, the footsteps continued to make noise ahead of them.
“Beware! Beware of the evil one!” A dry raspy voice whispered as everyone got the chills.
“Cleper!” shouted Sorimer as soon as he heard the voice talk. Suddenly there came a blinding light from the end of Sorimer’s wand. Sorimer, Bloble and Parpeth could see at least 15 yards ahead of them including a tall, dark, bony man clothed in black running away.
“After him!” shouted Bloble, starting to run. He was a few feet away from the robed figure, when it turned around. What Bloble saw astounded him; it wasn’t a face, it was a skeleton. The skeleton wore a long brown robe that dragged on the ground, and a hood covered its face. The skeleton mumbled some words and a flame came from his right hand, streaming towards Bloble.
“No!” cried Pareth as he ran in front of Bloble and put out his shiny iron shield. The shield blocked the flame but the force knocked Parpeth and Bloble on the ground, unharmed. The Skeleton mumbled the same words and a fire ball shot out towards Sorimer.
“Ilgaras!” shouted Sorimer. Water jolted from the tip of his wand to the flame. Instantly the flame turned to steam and evaporated into the air. Acting fast while the skeleton was preparing for an attack, Bloble used the blunt end of his axe to strike the ground in front of the skeleton. The ground rumbled beneath every ones feet, and the skeleton fell.
“You are in great danger as long as you stay here,” the skeleton’s raspy whisper said. Parpeth got a closer looks at the skeleton now. The jaw seemed to float in the air while the creature talked. He had no eyes but he could see fine.
“Who are you? Why did you attack us? Where do you come from?” asked Parpeth. But before any of them could do anything, the skeleton fell limp on the ground, and started to sink into the ground as if it were quicksand.
Whatever that thing was, it sure won’t get away from me that easily,” cried Bloble with a right grip on his club.
“If I’m correct, I think that was a corpse of a Magi,” said Parpeth with a serious face. “I have read of those creatures from the ancient library in Cebron.” They are a sign of trouble, but not for us. It is said that they are the dead Magi from the Magi and Demonic Wars. They will rise again and hunt the Demons that killed them and have their revenge”
“But the Magi and Demonic Wars were over five hundred years ago. No one can still be alive from that war. No one in this area could be a demon” said Sorimer
Parpeth stared into the distance, thinking of the Magi. “A demon is probably not here presently but I was once reading in records that a brutal and evil ruler was born in this area long ago. He allied himself with Demons and slayed many Magi warriors. With every Magi he killed, he gained their powers, and seeming to grow more immortal with every kill. He became a fierce and great warrior for the demons.”
“But why would the skeleton come back if the Demon died thousands of years ago?” asked Bloble, “And why would he be after us?”
“That is where I don’t know the answers. Perhaps we will gain more knowledge in our quest.” The three set out again, being very cautious since the skeleton. They walked long into the night, only resting when they could walk no further. They found a clearing in the forest and fell asleep immediately.
LookinToDie
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
seeming to grow more immortal with every kill
;E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Night In Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: