Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Community Discussion: Loot - CD I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Archived
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the stats of all items to vary a litte, this means that there's a a smal difference between two short swords. The first sword has a damage of 4-7 and the other has a damage of 5-9. Lets say a short swords damage can vary between 3-6 min dmg to 7-11 max dmg.
This means that a "good" short sword would be worth a least two low quality short swords.
When crafting items you're crafting skill and a litte luck determins how good you're sword will be. And different types of swords are hader to make good. Like a katana is much harder to make good than a short sword(yu need higher craft skill and luck)
You can allso hand yooure items to a blacksmith for uppgrade, it will cost you some but it's a matter of luck how much you're weapon improves here too
And different NPC blacksmiths have differnet crafting skills.
I want the master black smith to live in far out in the widerness, so theres a litte problem locating him.

Edit: the same is for enchantments on items
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Enquillion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea. It's a lot better than totally failing to craft something and then forcing you to assemble all the ingredients again. It makes it more pointful to craft "lowbie items" when you're a highbie crafter, since you can get better outcomes without any extra cost.

Problems? People might just give their ingredients to a highbie crafter whenever they want something. Thus lowbie crafters would only be crafting to get their skill up.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dormeydo wrote:
The first sword has a damage of 4-7 and the other has a damage of 5-9. Lets say a short swords damage can vary between 3-6 min dmg to 7-11 max dmg.
This means that a "good" short sword would be worth a least two low quality short swords.

Let's see, are you saying that a crappy rusty short sword would be doing 3 - 7 damage, but after you've taken it to a smith and had it worked on to make it a better quality it could be like 4 - 9 damage, then taking it back again to have it worked on more increasing the quality further makes it have 6 - 11 damage?

Or are you trying to say that there should be multiple weapons out there with the same name and graphical representation that have different damages set up on each of them, thus increasing the weapon selection by a huge number?
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Enquillion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same item with different stats. You can think of one with the best damage range possible as a Steel Shortsword (analogy: Akarra; Shortsword and Steel Shortsword) with the requirements of a regular Shortsword.
Dormeydo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant wrote:

Let's see, are you saying that a crappy rusty short sword would be doing 3 - 7 damage, but after you've taken it to a smith and had it worked on to make it a better quality it could be like 4 - 9 damage, then taking it back again to have it worked on more increasing the quality further makes it have 6 - 11 damage?

Or are you trying to say that there should be multiple weapons out there with the same name and graphical representation that have different damages set up on each of them, thus increasing the weapon selection by a huge number?

It's the same weapon, with different stats as enq said. But i would like it to be a litte random how much the smith is able to upgrade you're weapon or armor. But it's possible that it turns out the way you said
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thandrophir
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't bother to read the individual questions, just thought I'd give my loot opinions as a whole.

First off, I don't think monsters should drop money... because generally... monsters don't carry money. They should drop items who's soul purpose is being sold to an NPC for money. Secondly, I think same weapons should have slight variations... just because it would always make people wonder if they was something better out there. Thirdly, I have no problem with monsters dropping crafting loot, unless you plan on adding mundane tasks (Fishing, farm, etc.)

-Thinks more-

...yeah, that's it.

The artist formally known as BlueHyren.
Dormeydo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But some monsters carry money, like trolls for example. They take money from the adventres they kill and collect them. But that wouldn't make them so much money
Tyrael
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right-e-o.
Most has been said. I really like Cannibal's idea of masters of classes can craft their own unique armour. This would be super cool. :E I agree that creatures should drop appropiate items, Akarra was pretty good for that.
As for set items, it would be nice. I suppose on the issue of camping, it would make more sense that set items are very random drop from random monsters(above a certain level).

I never minded getting crafting resources in Akarra, and were actually the things I probably hunted the most. I have gotten the impression from this topic that there will some sort of crafting skill yu have to level up(versus Akarra:you can make it if you have the material). My concern? I completely loathe mundane skills. *shudders at memories of Runescape* A single skill for crafting would not be absolutely horrible but please don't go farther.

Pointless loot? It is far too much to ask that every piece of loot is of use to every player. Completely pointless loot? Love it. In fact, I seek out pointless loot just because other people don't have it. As long as it is something cool. Like flowers(searched for months for a white flower), and wedding rings, and the like.

Last edited by Tyrael on Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demonslayer7
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Community Discussion: Loot - CD I Reply with quote

1. What do you like to find the most in loot? (loot being what you find from monsters you kill etc..)
Money, potions, weapons, anything!

2. Does finding Set Items interest you? Or would you rather found just very strong weapons?
Set items are great, bonuses all around! Smile

3. Does finding crafting resources in loot bother you? Would it increase your interaction with the PC community or decrease?
I love crafting things, so I like getting them. Smile

4. What bugs you the most about Loot?
There's usually not enough of it in games. LOL.

5. Whats your solution to getting rid of pointless loot? Or is there a solution?
I give them to lower levels or sell them. I usually sell them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Archived All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: