Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music in Daria
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chybi
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the files are stored on each players computer, he could change it to what he likes, and no one would be affected by it. In Akarra, I think that if you renamed you attacking sound files and such you could hear the lightning sound when hitting someone.

So if someone wants to hear some Rock instead of the normal sound effects he could do that.

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people arent even going to use the music from Daria, then there should be two versions. One with and one without music. Theres no point in having music if the person is just going to move the files and put in his own.
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chybi wrote:
If the files are stored on each players computer, he could change it to what he likes, and no one would be affected by it. In Akarra, I think that if you renamed you attacking sound files and such you could hear the lightning sound when hitting someone.

So if someone wants to hear some Rock instead of the normal sound effects he could do that.

The easy way:
Music: [] on [x] off
Then just start winamp and play your mp3s.
Manifold
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it so that 'The Matrix' : Lobby Scene Sounds' played every single time I levelled. XD
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a simple method of coding, putting all the music files into one file and locking them in there where the player can't replace the music.

Then simply take off the turn off music feature and watch the community freak out because they can't play their rap/punk/heavy metal music while playing daria Smile
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinten wrote:
Our initial intention is to add some kind of background music to the game. Then, if it's just ambient, like dripping water in caves or the wind singing in the trees while walking through a forest, or simple tunes emphasizing the mood, we havn't decided yet.

And as for the load, there are music formats that are good in quality and small in load.
I think that would work. To make things smaller and easier to compose, make the simple tunes in .mid, export them to a tracker like buzz, change the wav sounds, and record in ogg so they would be small!

Or of course you could make a contest for people to submit their own music to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: