Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Varied Dialogue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archosseus
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Varied Dialogue Reply with quote

As in a lot of RPG's there is varied dialogue. Just after i played a game i thought about the following, wich i think would be good for Daria:

- Different Dialogue after each attempt to communicate and when the person closes the conversation. For example you talk to Holger and he says: "Hello there, can i help you?" and the other time he says: "Greetings! Can i be of any assistance?". Variation.. is good. just make it random.

- Different Dialogue for each Race and Class. For example; I think a rogue NPC would talk different to another Rogue rather then a Paladin. Same for races, a Najo NPC would talk his own grammar to a fellow Najo character.

- Different price of services or goods for each Race and Class? This encourages people to travel somewhere because an item or service is cheaper out there. Say a knight would ask a lower price to another knight as in its nice to see another person with the same profession. Same idea for races.

Any good in this ?

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
Thanquol
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Varied Dialogue Reply with quote

Quote:
- Different Dialogue after each attempt to communicate and when the person closes the conversation. For example you talk to Holger and he says: "Hello there, can i help you?" and the other time he says: "Greetings! Can i be of any assistance?". Variation.. is good. just make it random.

We saw a degree of that in WiA - when you talked to Sinistra as a Gifted character etc. Its safe to say we'll see this in Daria.

Quote:
- Different Dialogue for each Race and Class. For example; I think a rogue NPC would talk different to another Rogue rather then a Paladin. Same for races, a Najo NPC would talk his own grammar to a fellow Najo character.

This links in with the afore-mentioned idea and we may see if done if thewreck can be arsed.

Quote:
- Different price of services or goods for each Race and Class? This encourages people to travel somewhere because an item or service is cheaper out there. Say a knight would ask a lower price to another knight as in its nice to see another person with the same profession. Same idea for races.

Could lead to muchos annoyance if it isn't done well but could end up good if implemented.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: