Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kalorian's Journal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Kalorian's Journal Reply with quote

I guess we can call these public Developer Journals? heh.

Kalorians Journal: 12/06/04

Since joining this project a little over a week ago, it has been interesting adjusting to an already developed community for a project. I am use to joining a project with no community and just some design concepts. Joining this project was a big eye opener not to mention getting to know the already rapidly growing Community.

During the past week I've held a few Community Discussions in IRC with the community to discuss some topics that were being discussed with the developers and such. I also started 3 threads of discussions in regards to various topics of the game design to get some player involvement and such.

As for Design portion of my responsibilities, I have put out the first version of the background story of Daria. With the help of Ceth.. and revisements of thewreck & Kinten the story is progressing nicely. This has a long way to go as the background story enters into the present day story and everything begins to get complicated Smile (story wise).

Lastly, I've finished getting the feel of the World Building tools. They still feel a little awkward, as im not use to the tools, but with time that will change.

I think thats it for now.
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cewl
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12/21/04

Can't say much of production for me as of yet. Been doing a lot more planning with the storyline and quest lines. This is a lot of work as I am facing the challenge along with the rest of the dev's of creating quests for the casual gamer as well as those that like to solve puzzles and mysteries. Striking the balance is the key in this.

I would be assiting with World Dev, but im waiting on all the updated graphics/meshes and such so I don't have to re-design what I was originally working on.

As for that nothing more besides another Forum CD Posted that I am monitoring.

Sorry for the lack of entrys just been busy with college and now surviving my holiday job >.<
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

02/05/04 - Journal #3

Can't believe its been almost 3 months now since I've come on board with Daria project. Boy does time fly.

I have been very busy with school as of late, and Daria work had to take a back seat. This early weekend I've been working on several of my tasks that Kinten and thewreck have been waiting. I am hoping to get this finished this early afternoon. One of my own things on my own to do list was to update this journal.

I look forward to getting these few early tasks down and proceed to the more 'fun' stuff Wink.

A short entry but better than nothing. I look forward to reading more community suggestions and making sure the Dev Staff is aware of them.
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

04/10/05 - Another Short Entry,

I have been busy with so many different things this past month. Community Discussions and keeping up with all the community posts. Gonna need to bring on some more Community Staff soon.

Well someone is turning 21 soon, won't tell you folks who hah. I have been busy compiling a few things behind the scenes for Daria as well as Composing music. This has been the gist of my work as of late.

For those that don't know I am submitting a lot of my past work to the Sundance Film Institute Composition Contest/Competition in California. They take 6 out of 500 applicants to come for 2 weeks and work with a director (that did some sort of director competition) and compose music for a short film. To my knowledge you get to work with a live Orchestra. This would be a big step for me and my composition career.

I think this is all for now and gives you people something new to read.
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalorian wrote:
Well someone is turning 21 soon, won't tell you folks who hah.

Kal's gonna be a big boy soon.

* Stant hands him a cupcake with a candle in it.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
HHero
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow 21 geez are u legal to drink in ur country ?!

me in couple of months iam turning 18
Arallu
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by your spelling, you're in a constant drunk-state.

Mazal Tov Kal!
And good luck with the competition.
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratz, I remember 21 (sigh...). Oh and g/l with the competition.
Demonslayer7
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHero wrote:
wow 21 geez are u legal to drink in ur country ?!

me in couple of months iam turning 18
You could have surprised me!

Seriously Kal, happy birthday, tanjoubi omedetou, and so on. Good luck as a 21+ year old person! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: