Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Rank"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milktoast
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: "Rank" Reply with quote

A cool little feature, prehaps? Add "rank" to the game, and I'm not talking about the generic "Corporal" , "General" kind of stuff, I'm talking about gaining rank from killing monsters,

Monsters are undoubtedly going to be classified in groups, "Vermin" , "Humanoid" , "Giant" , "Dragon" , "Vampire" , whatever it may be. Well, you kill a certain amount of the class an gain rank in it,

'Novice Killer of Giants'
'Hunger of Giants'
'Killer of Giants'
'Master of Giants'
'Pulvarizer of Giants'
'Eradicator of Giants'
etc
etc

Just a cool little pointless feature for some of us 'achievers'
FurirMorot
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to disapoint you guys, but selling this idea.. specially the one with the hall... I, alas, know atleast the Wreck in person... and he normally goes against anything thats funne Crying or Very sad

Not really... I'm just bored att work Arrow
Milktoast
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think there should be any advantages/rewards for gaining these ranks, its just meant for fun. I mean, a hall of champions would be kind of cool, but other than that - nothing else. Its meant for those of us who just enjoy the small things.

However, these ranks can be used as a quest trigger. In a roleplay sense, it'd sound like,

"I am Frothen Northern, Blood Traitor of my brothers and sisters. I have some bidding for you to do, but you have not proven your worth to me."
This is all he says until you become, say, vendicator of giants. And afterwards, you continue with his quest =)
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd like to have ranks in Daria, but in that case they would be faction-related ranks that depend on your social status in those factions.

For example, imagine you're "Christian II" of Denmark (wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_II_of_Denmark ). In Denmark, you were known as "the Good", but in Sweden you were known as "the Tyrant". That's a kind of rank that is important to people, but doesn't really affect the game rules.
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Kami
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got back to playing Fable on my Xbox and am running around being called Chicken Chaser all the time and I kind of like it (although maybe not that particular name). I think names like the Great are somewhat less creative than the names suggested, but would be happy with a combination of them. :) Kami the Great, Slayer of Giants or Kami the Terrible, Slayer of Giants.
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kami wrote:
I recently got back to playing Fable on my Xbox and am running around being called Chicken Chaser all the time and I kind of like it (although maybe not that particular name). I think names like the Great are somewhat less creative than the names suggested, but would be happy with a combination of them. Smile Kami the Great, Slayer of Giants or Kami the Terrible, Slayer of Giants.

Yep, and to the Giant factions, "Kami the Horrible" Wink
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: