Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Dev Update #56
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Monday Dev Update #56 Reply with quote

Development during week 22-2007
Phew, last week was busy!

First, when we realized that we had been nominated to "Best PC Game" at Swedish Game Awards we really had to think about what we wanted to do with the unexpected attention. We decided - regardless of how the competition would end - that we wanted to make a better version of Harvest for people to play. We quickly started to make such a big improvement of the game as possible during a few days...

But that was also interrupted by several meetings and other events during the week. First we had a presentation of our company at a high school. It went fine, and I think they were interested in our games after seeing some trailers and such. Secondly we had a meeting about a possible chance for funding of Daria... can't really tell you more than that we hope to guarantee Daria's development in the future while still being independent.

During the weeked we went to Stockholm to attend the Swedish Game Awards. We had a little stand with two laptops to show off Harvest and made a couple of flyers and posters. It was a really great experience for us - the game attracted a lot of curios people and most seemed to enjoy it. We also learned that the jury had been playing Harvest a lot during the week, which got our hopes up for the competition!

... Which leads me to the great news for the week: We took the second prize and 20,000 SEK prize money! We are completely overwhelmed and glad Smile Please read more here: http://www.sga.to/node/361

Our 30-second trailer that was displayed during the event can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJEHIi11iY

Planned development during week 23-2007
Ok, this week we really have to go through the Harvest plan. We have got taste of blood in our mouths now and are maybe aiming for the Independet Games Festival this autumn. Harvest needs to become a "real" polished game to have a chance there. We will spend this week trying to come up with a good plan for our coming future.

Wiki updates during last week
No new Wiki edits (321 total)
No new "legitimate" content pages (29 total)
This week's most valuable contributor: None
View all changes
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
kinten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we got to work on the trailer a bit more before the next release, allthough that 30 s trailer is a whole lot better than the 2 minute one.

Jeb, post the overview pictures if they turned out good!
jeb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinten wrote:
Jeb, post the overview pictures if they turned out good!

What's an "overview picture"?
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
kinten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was tired, i meant the picture from above overseeing the presentation hall.
jeb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinten wrote:
I was tired, i meant the picture from above overseeing the presentation hall.

Ahh... Yeah, as soon as possible Smile I put the batteries on charging this morning... I'll upload them tonight Smile
jellocube27
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much congratulations, dudes! Very Happy
<jeb_> i'm a dalmatian
<jeb_> oh right
<jeb_> that's "spot" in english
jeb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20k SEK is about 3k USD.

Pictures from the event:

An overview of the exhibition area. thewreck is wearing a gray jacket and leaning down to explain the game to a visitor (in the middle of the picture). Notice the guy to the left who's playing the Guitar Hero controller... they won the prize for "Best Game Concept" with their platform game "Fret Nice".

This picture shows one member from the winning team (if I remember correctly) playing Harvest and explaining the rules to a visitor! Smile The sign on the wall says "Swedish Game Awards Best PC Game Nominee - Harvest". We wanted to keep that sign as a memory, but we got a lot better signs at the prize ceremony Smile
kinten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://svt.se/svt/play/video.jsp?a=342601
(press "öppna play")

check the intro Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: