Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Dev Update #53 (with screenshot)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Monday Dev Update #53 (with screenshot) Reply with quote

Development during week 19-2007
During the last week we continued our marketing effort for The Strategist. We also began working on Dawn of Daria again. Thewreck and Kinten are adding a lot of new content, as you can see in this screenshot:

Note: This screenshot is not from alpha 3, it's still alpha 2 but in a new setting.

We have also been working on the auto-updater, sound system (mainly for the Mac version) and the subscription/payment system. Yep, that's right, we are already adding subscriptions to the game. The reason why we are adding it so early is because we know that it's not a popular feature, so we want to "set the record straight" as soon as possible. Daria is not a free-to-play game.

The game will cost from $5 to $12 (USD) per month, depending on how many days you subscribe for. It will be cheaper (per month) to buy long subscriptions. We need to have this kind of system since we are charged by the credit card company for each transaction (few large transactions is better than many small ones).

While the game is in "alpha" testing there will be a discount coupon that you can use. When you buy a subscription you will receive a license key that you activate in the game. You don't need to activate the key when you bought it, so in theory you can buy a key with the alpha discount and save it for the beta or final versions. I'm telling you this now because it will make it possible for you to support the project while it's in development and get something in return.

If you don't want to subscribe to the game you will still be able to play with some restrictions. These restrictions will not modify your character's progress in the game, but will limit how long you are allowed to be online.

Planned development during week 20-2007
We will continue on the auto-updater, payment system and sound system.

Wiki updates during last week
No new Wiki edits (321 total)
No new "legitimate" content pages (29 total)
This week's most valuable contributor: None
View all changes
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Nexego
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that is and always has been worth paying for.

I can't wait for alpha 3...

Named Nexego in the Silly Alpha and Assassin Lillian in Alpha2.

Hello, darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision
That was planted in my brain
Still remain
Within the sound of silence

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e227/Nexego/
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/Slakt/
jeb

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenement Funster wrote:
Are you saying we have to pay to play the full Alpha?

Selling an unfinished game is beyond ridiculous.

No, you can play for free, but at certain restrictions. We are not asking you to pay for an alpha game, we are asking you to pay for a game that you enjoy. During the alpha stage (which usually means "development stage") the game will clearly have less features than the final version, but if you think it's worth it you can still buy a subscription at a great discount. If you don't think it's worth it we will not force you to buy anything.
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
jeb

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have a timer that refills by 30 minutes every day up to a maximum of 5 hours. So that would be about 3.5 hours per week, but we will also add to it when major releases are made or as gratitude if you help us out (such as locating a bug).
el'PiX
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The game will cost from $5 to $12 (USD) per month

Pah! I just lost interest.
Athl
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

el'PiX wrote:
Quote:
The game will cost from $5 to $12 (USD) per month

Pah! I just lost interest.

I might of, also. I'm willing to pay for a game if I see greatness, which I do, but this must be once I see the finished product.

I will not risk paying 12 US dollars (Especially at my Australian currency exchange rate) before seeing the finished product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: