Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Dev Update #43
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Monday Dev Update #43 Reply with quote

Development during week 9-2007
We have mainly worked on The Strategist. The new internet lobby is working now, so a lot of "work time" has been spent on important "bug hunting" sessions. We have also added a lot of new graphical effects to the game, such as small soldiers running around and ships travelling across water.

We also corrected some bugs in the Harvest prototype and released the Win32 version to the public. You can get it here: http://www.oxeye.se/files/Harvest.rar

Planned development during week 10-2007
Still Strategist. We have now progressed so far that we are mainly working on polish and some remaining GUI stuff. We must also create the new main campaign.

Wiki updates during last week
No new Wiki edits (321 total)
No new "legitimate" content pages (29 total)
This week's most valuable contributor: None
View all changes
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
jeb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oifan wrote:

Btw. in September I've posted some suggestions of new Strategist features, I would be very glad if some of them will be implemented...
http://www.oxeye.se/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2615&highlight=#2615

Thanx in advance,
Oifan

Heya!

I have actually written in my TODO list to send you an email as soon as Strategist 2.5 is more or less finished. Most (well, at least some) of your suggestions have been added, and I thought you deserved to get a sneak peak of the new version before everybody else Smile
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Miklotov
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhm i have some suggestions aswell,...

-add capture able buildings that produce tanks or minerals while beeing suplied with enegry
- add effec towers effects could be stun (elctromagnetic pulse or something Very Happy)
- deep mineral miner (expensive, but harvests a small amount of minerals everywhere)
- abilaty to transform Towers into Mechs weaker defense high dmg moveable
- Energy walls (blocking ufos)
- Research lab (research ufo weakpoints --> more dmg on all Towers / research miners efficence --> more minerals over time from miners / ...
- nuclear/impulse cannon/whatever spezial attack Tower very slow recharing mass destruction
- Cloneing Factory Exchange Energy spaks for some kind of troopers
- Weather controle station ( weather effect attacks (tornados)
- radar station (attack towers range increasement)
- Energy upgrader --> speed energy link, new energy form used for spezial Towers only runs on speed links )
- target Towers and spezial missle silo only fires on targeted ufos
- "Hp" for buildings
- diffrent attack ypes (gorund/air)

- attacks for ufo's (ranged atatcks)
- Ai incresment to take weak spots of players bases stay out of range of towers, suicide ufo's, ufo motherships unloading aliens (ground troops)
- alien base
- diffrent ground types (blocking mountains/...)
- decreased sight
- day/ night effect (could affect energy supply as it seems like the Enegry station is using Solar power )
- Energy silo/ battery able to store enegery sparks and release on demand Battery effect)

mhm whatever,... Very Happy
jeb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha cool!

I like your screenshots!

Btw, you have found the Ctrl+S and Ctrl+O feature in the game, right? Wink
jeb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, but thousands and thousands of enemies is cool! Wink

Btw, Oifan, do you ever use the replay function in Strategist? It has currently been disabled during the creation of version 2.5, and I don't think we have time to re-implement it Arrow
jeb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oifan: I've sent you an email.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: