Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Secret Passages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miklotov
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Secret Passages Reply with quote

As seen in this Alpha2 we will have secret rooms kinda familar to the way it was made in WiA.
The bad point is that the players control there chars with the mouse, result of that ppl will accidently run into and kinda auto find (klick on the dark area behind each wall of a room if there is a secret the char walks through and automaticaly finds the secrets passage entrance) Pathfinder.
So here my idea to make it much harder to find or get access to a secret area:
- All furnitures accessoires in a room get a describtion including the one with the trigger that will open the secret by just passing with your mouse cusor over. With a right klick the "action" menue opens but with more actions, as there could be: push/ pull/ use/ pickup/ ,... So resultis: if you use the wrong action nothing happens either with an info or without one. The Triggers instead will give you info after been used the correct way what happend or what you regonized what happend.
- Only the trigger gets a describtion and is then able to be used if right klicked
- No description on things ( You see nothing important if looked at) for the trigger no name apears if mouse passes but if looked at "action box" opens for further actions availible for this trigger....

These things would need to have doors beeing opend and/or closed but would give access to a new deepth. As I've already seen you are able to have "game in a game" ("The Big Bad Wolf Game" hehehe) There might be puzzels aswell, to open a door or change something in the world either temp or permanent. That let me remember a game called "LBA - Little Big Adventure" that had alot of very nice riddles even most of em where combined with Jump&Run Elements.

So I think there should be a better solution for secrets then wallriding to find holes
Mullvalen
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i mentionen when we discussed this ingame i think players should be able to read books in libraries and such. There would be stories about the worlds history and beastiaries, myths a.s.o. It should be known that one can discover secrets by reading those books, and people will be driven to read those books and thus learn about Daria.

The sectrets should atleast be a little more weaved into the world and history rather than being something you have to find by accident or a lots of time.
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we agree. Also, we want to add more rpg'ish puzzles to the game, such as floor plates to put weights on and secret buttons to find etc.
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Miklotov
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe What was that game called you needed to push boxes around and fit them on the X marked squares Very Happy damn your options seem endless for me would love to play with those tools creating riddles Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: