Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Dev Update #27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Monday Dev Update #27 Reply with quote

Development during week 45-2006
We have added slightly better AI logic to the guards, but much work still remains. They can detect if people are fighting and will tell them to stop immediately, or they will join the fray themselves Shocked Also, thewreck has made new artwork for indoor environments... they really look amazing!

The Oxeye team had a long meeting during the week and tried to plan the coming 6-8 months or so. Though many details are unspecified, it appears like we will attempt to make another game parallell to developing Daria. We will let you know how it fares, of course, but not until after Silly Alpha 2.

Planned development during week 46-2006
We're still on the AI coding for guards and pets. Also, people must be able to use the items in their inventory, and trade items with NPCs and other players.

We will also introduce Jacob (one of the artists) to the map editor so he can start building the silly alpha 2 regions.

Silly Alpha 2 ETA Status
Current likelyhood of a December release: According to plan

Wiki updates during last week
+6 new Wiki edits (257 total)
+1 new "legitimate" content pages (26 total)
This week's most valuable contributor: None
View all changes
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
LookinToDie
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Monday Dev Update #27 Reply with quote

jeb wrote:
Development during week 45-2006
Silly Alpha 2 ETA Status
Current likelyhood of a December release: According to plan

6 weeks ago ETA of December SA test was 3 weeks in advance. Hope it has it become the new plan or else.. *take the dev-announced time until release, multiply by 2, throw in another 6 months and you get the real release date* Wink
jeb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe yeah I know. I was thinking about that also when I wrote it, but it's the sad truth. The problem was simply that I got stuck and started playing computer games instead of developing stuff Sad I decided to write the truth in the update and be embarrassed rather than lying and be embarrassed later Embarassed

The stuckness has disappeared now, though! Today I'm going over to Jacob's office and am going to teach him how to use the area editor. He'll be building the areas that we will use during SA 2.
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Reinor
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The stuckness has disappeared now, though! Today I'm going over to Jacob's office and am going to teach him how to use the area editor. He'll be building the areas that we will use during SA 2.

...and meanwhile you will be playing games Smile
jeb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reinor wrote:
...and meanwhile you will be playing games Smile

Hehe... yeah maybe the 24th when they release Guitar Hero 2 here in Sweden Smile
Vaelrith
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, Guitar Hero II freaking rocks! They had a demo set up at walmart and I played it for about 2 hours and I had a crowd of like 10 kids watching me! It was pretty awesome!
jeb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaelrith wrote:
Just so you know, Guitar Hero II freaking rocks! They had a demo set up at walmart and I played it for about 2 hours and I had a crowd of like 10 kids watching me! It was pretty awesome!

LOL! You sound like an evil person, not letting the kids play! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: