Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Dev Update #23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Monday Dev Update #23 Reply with quote

Development during week 41-2006
As I said, we have continued working on the inventory. It is now possible to drop items, view information about items and filter items in the list. It is still not possible to eat or use items because we haven't decided how the items' categories are going to be sent to the client. The categories are created in the item editor and works like a tree structure (such as "Flowers" being a sub-category of "Plants" which is a sub-category of "General"), and not hard-coded in the client, so the tree must either be a part of the client installation or sent when players connect to the server.

We have also added "tabs" to the chat panel. These are used to separate different chat channels from each other, similar to IRC. For example, if you use the /tell command to send a message to a person, that message will appear in a new tab, and if you have that tab selected the game will automatically prefix "/t <char name>:" to all messages. Very convenient, if you ask me Wink

We have also created a new editor for "global editing" in the area editor. This editor is used to name areas and add spawn points for items (and soon also for NPCs).

Planned development during week 42-2006
This week we will continue on the editors, correct the mentioned problem with item categories and maybe add some initial item actions. We will maybe also begin to construct a trading GUI, but that depends on if we feel that we have come up with a good solution about "how to trade".

Silly Alpha 2 ETA Status
Current likelyhood of a December release: Ahead of planning

Wiki updates during last week
+2 new Wiki edits (251 total)
+1 new "legitimate" content pages (25 total)
This week's most valuable contributor: None
View all changes
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Hibus
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted anything here in quite a while.. But I like the developement I'm seing.. keep up the good work!.. And let's hope we get to play in December ^^
LookinToDie
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea
Are we getting new smileys for this forum anytime soon? Some Daria smiley-art maybe?
Rolling Eyes
thewreck
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

accually, thats prolly not too far into the future, since there has been alot of artwork done for that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: