Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Dev Update #13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Monday Dev Update #13 Reply with quote

Development during week 31-2006
- Continued work on the design document... This week we have been discussing the issues of player vs player combat and death. Also, Syspurge have joined the design team to help out with game balancing and story writing!
- A lot of new item graphics have been produced by thewreck and kinten. We have decided to drop the 32x32 icon system for items, and now draw them in their relative size to each other (more like how items look in Diablo but with all the joy and bliss that is Daria).
- Milktoast has been sleeping with the fishes! Don't worry, he's alright, but some of the fish got new names Shocked

Planned development during week 32-2006
- Continued work on the design doc.
- More items graphics.
- More content writing

Wiki updates during last week
+70 Wiki edits (197 total)
+6 "legitimate" content pages (21 total)
This week's most valuable contributor: User:Jellocube27
View all changes
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
God
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wiki is really a worthy addition to the game. Or any game. Manuals/Guides/Lists will all be used extensively. Great way to add story, and get good writting into the game too, when people start posting lore.

Just a question though-
If we come up with a story, or quest; Would it be jumping out of place to post it on the 'pedia?

I ask because I'm sure there would be stuff that people would want to post and add into the game that you would never want or like to be there. You'll get a lot of people wanting to name regions, or detail a monster's identity & abilties if it's so freely open to these edits/additions.
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would gladly appreciate help (sorry for not replying to your PM, please send it to thewreck instead, he's the project leader), but maybe the wiki should stay as "true" to the game as possible.

I mean... If you have a cool creature idea, write it in the "inventors" forum, or maybe in your personal User: page, but don't put it in the wiki until it has been confirmed that it will be included in the game.
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: