Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Dev Update #11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Monday Dev Update #11 Reply with quote

Another week, another update!

Development during week 29-2006
- The work on the design document has continued. Rules for combat is becoming more and more finished, and we have re-designed the character attribute development. It's all nice and dandy now!
- Thewreck has experimented with animated characters. It's only a prototype, but was funny to look at.

Planned development during week 30-2006
- The design document is still the main priority. We will be looking closer at the skill trees during this week.

Wiki updates during last week
+26 Wiki edits (120 total)
+2 "legitimate" content pages (14 total)
This week's most valuable contributor: User:Jellocube27
View all changes
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Milktoast
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I've seemed to fall away from the Darian world. I'm back! And it is extremely pleasing beyond words to see the progress that you have made. Good job on the work, keep it up! But I must ask; Can you describe what the 'design document' is? I'm just curious as to what it does/effects.

Cool
jeb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "design document" is our main description of the project. It will contain all the game rules, world descriptions and even implementation details (how to code the game functions and user interface).

Writing on the design document is almost the same thing as programming, except everybody in the dev team can contribute and making changes is a lot easier. This speeds up development and enables us to see the forest among all the trees... It can be very dangerous for the long-term design if we started implementing small game details before everything is written down and documented (read: to avoid remaking mistakes from the Akarra era).
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Milktoast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, sounds important. Its great to see how much progress has been made since my last visit. Correct me if I'm wrong; But has the Darian design progressed far enough as to where you are beginning the alpha/beta client? Have you began mapping and creating the world in which us players will discover and adventure upon? I am just curious as to exactly how much progress has been made since I just kind of...left.
jeb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid it will take a lot longer than I dare to say! Maybe there will be a silly alpha test here and there, but it is at least one year to the first beta test, and most likely more than that. We're aiming sky high with this game, putting much effort to be different than other rpgs, which takes its toll on development time.
Milktoast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, I'm happy to admit that its pleasing to hear that you are taking your time with the game - Atleast it's progressing through the early stages as of now.

Congrats, great job, and if I could get a round of some kind of goofy drink for you all I would, but it seems that my age and location prohibit me Sad .
thewreck
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id also like to point out that we are making some graphical progress at the same time as developing the design document. I'm not sure, but perhaps we will have some screenshots in the near future, no promises though =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: