Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeb types stuff (blog warning)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Jeb types stuff (blog warning) Reply with quote

I warned ya! This post contains unrelated stuff and stuff!

During the last three weeks I have been working at my summer job at SonyEricsson. As usual when working in the IT business I'm not allowed to tell you anything... well... unless it's stuff like "the new K800 is really cool!"... So... The new K800 is really cool Smile

Anyhow, I have also been writing documents a lot during the few free hours I have left. Me and the other Oxeye members are working hard to get some support for our game development from something called "Nordic Game Program". Hopefully we will be able to get some money to develop some fun game during 2007. That would be awesome.

Money has been the key problem ever since we decided to take up game development again. Some wiseguy decided that we must pay rent, and the so-called "intelligent design" have come up with the idea that we need food to survive. Gathering money has been tricky business, especially since The Strategist has failed miserably (at least so far). Of course, The Strategist is a 3-month project with no marketing and probably a small target audience, but still it would've been nice if it had given us a wage of more than 2 cents per hour...

However, the target is still Dawn of Daria. I'm always working on Daria, and I know thewreck and Kinten are as well. We have so many ideas for this game that it's just mind-blowing to think of them. We just need the money to get the time to add them. Nordic Game might be able to give us some money, but Daria is not the right project for that kind of support.

So... the plan is to make a fantastic game on little money, to earn enough to turn Daria into a fantastic game too. The road to success is not always straight Smile

I will try to post here more reguarly and be less secretive about what's going on. I will probably not tell you much about Daria's features, though, since I don't want to give away surprises or promise you things that later are changed or discarded.

Rock on!
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
shway
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: ive got a question for you then... Reply with quote

how much money do you need...im going to be saving up for a motorcycle but i can keep some to the side to send from time to time...but id need to know how much u need...cause after the motorcycle i have something to save for...but its not too important currently...let me know if i can help...im not much for paying to play a game...but ill pay to help you get it started...as long as you make it as good as i hope it to be...post the amount here or message me the amount...either way...let me know and ill help when i can
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very generous of you to offer us help, but we need a long-term plan. The amount of money we need is infinite, since Dawn of Daria will run forever! Very Happy
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
shway
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: well then... Reply with quote

for now in order to get it up and running how much u still need?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: