Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clan wars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like NPC mercenaries and guards... then you could use 25 the 100 gold coins you're keeping safe in your castle to help defend it against a siege and have 75 gold coins there when it's over, rather than 0.
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be cool to hire mercenaries, but I don't wan't it to get to far and become a strategy-like game. I dont want to buy guard towers, different types of npcs or anything of that sort. Just a choice between a npc with magic, sword, or bow.
Chybi
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Clan wars cannot really work if the system stays the same as in WiA, Since in WiA 2 clans paid 5 sc and they they 1 clan would send 2 people to kill 1 person the enemie, enemie gets pissed and sends 2 people to kill 1 person, and this vicious circle would never end.

Basically, Clan wars didn't really have a use in my opinion, maybe if there was a prize at the end like both clans agree to meet at a certain place at a certain time, have a batlle where if people die they stay out and the losing clans has to get disbanded or pay a price or something.

Or since everyone is talking about having clan bases and NPCs to guard them. If 1 clan conquers the enemie base, they keep it, ending up with 2 castles and the other clan is disbanded. That way Alliances could actually be useful. And if a clan ever becomes a problem like Monk did, the others can gang up and conquer it, ending the problem.

So in resume is about Clan Wars should have a purpose, cause there was never really a Winner or a Loser in Clan wars (Unless you count gold and item). I say something should happen to the losers.

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like chybi's idea of eliminating all of the guilds castles causes them to be officially, then conquering or building more castles becomes necessary, so taht if you lose one it isn't all over. but how would a combat system for sieging castles work? would u like, mount a battering ram like a horse, then attack the door?
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. The more you have to lose the less likely you're going to go to war. Some people may just not care and go to war anyway, or one may just want to dominate and take over every n00b clan that comes along. Not such a bad idea really. Would keep the numbers down. ;P
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Enquillion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clan wars in WiA sucked because death itself was nothing but a minute of resting and some coins lost. About arranging with a battlefield and such, also the surrendering fee, both those thoughts crossed my mind in the void between Akarra's death and the announcement of Daria.

I also agree about what Pre said. Bow, Sword or Staff. Quality could vary though (along with price).

I don't want to run multiple castles. That's just too much. Sure, could have watchtowers, outposts and guildhalls, but having multiple castles, that's like being a province instead of just a guild.
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only played Akarra about the last half year, and did any clans actually pay 5sc to go to war? I've never heard of that, since there was only that one war with Fear.
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre wrote:
I only played Akarra about the last half year, and did any clans actually pay 5sc to go to war? I've never heard of that, since there was only that one war with Fear.

I paid 5 sc to chase some of thanquol's idiot brothers around a while and after he disconnected I switched it back to neutral. Razz
And on TR we allied with ourselves.

Chybi wrote:
Or since everyone is talking about having clan bases and NPCs to guard them. If 1 clan conquers the enemie base, they keep it, ending up with 2 castles and the other clan is disbanded. That way Alliances could actually be useful. And if a clan ever becomes a problem like Monk did, the others can gang up and conquer it, ending the problem.

Ummh? I would probably find this very annoying. Ie, first you work hard to get a guild & guildhouse & guards etc, go to sleep along with all your european mates while the aussies & americans on the other side of the world wake up and gangbang your guildhouse "JUST 4 FUN M8s =DDDDDDDD SRY". I'd just hate coming online to see my guildhouse & guild have been destroyed while I was sleeping and unable to defend it. I'm not too fond about the idea of trusting my whole guild in the hands of some brainless NPC guards.
Ruisleipa
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me neither. If there's such system coming however, it should be limited into arranged times imo.
Enquillion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that... but I think Kalorian said something in that direction (AS OPINION!), which is a little relieving. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: