Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holy shit, dude.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Boddah
Posts until end: 960


Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 42
Location: Indiana, USA - GW Sucks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, HeatOmen, I will tell you why I persist...

It is because people like you who attempt to outsmart me make this a game for myself. And it's fun.

Alright. Time for a critical dissection of your comment...

HeatOmen wrote:
Boddah, you're thinking about yourself, all you probably care about is yourself, aand.. well.. that's about it.


True. And myself feels like myself got royally fucked after ages of loyalty and patience, so myself is not very happy with the ones who royally fucked myself. Kbi.

HeatOmen wrote:
You're putting yourself in a light which makes yourself look like a self-centered moron, and not even stopping for a second to think WHY DoD has went from from 100% free to 99% free.


*Ponders on it for a second.* Ok. Here's what I got.

First of all, don't bash players in a public forum. JEEZ, it's in the rules, you prick.

Anyhow, I don't care why they changed it. The fact is, they changed it, despite HARPING on the fact that Daria would be free. If you change your product, you will have disgruntled customers.

I would've donated to DoD if I had liked the first released version, but HMPH at that. They couldn't even release it without proving to me that I won't like it.

HeatOmen wrote:
Now stop trying to make the dev team feel bad about this whole thing, and actually THINK about what you're doing for a second. Complaining/hinting isn't going to change anything, so your actions are COMPLETELY in-vain.


Ok, HeatOmen. Take the dev team's collective nutsack out of your mouth long enough to take what I have to say into consideration, and to not blast me just because I disagree with what your omnipotent devs have done to a possibly great game.

I am not trying to change a thing. I just like to leave my word of displeasure ringing in the ears of the devs, who, after all this waiting, tell us that the game will not be what we were originally told. And then, I like to strike down little know-nothings that try to one-up me. It is fun.

HeatOmen wrote:
One thing that's really annoying me out of all this, is the fact that it seems like you're trying to rally support in this matter. Nobody wants to join you, so if this is the case, please don't even..


Not rallying support, just trying to show you and others that I am not the only one that won't support the 'Premium Servers'. It will be a GREAT gain for Oxeye when the free servers are overflowing with the old community, and the pay servers are bringing in $40 from the four people who pay.

HeatOmen wrote:
You still haven't told us what's so bad about premium servers yet. The REAL premium servers, and not the wonderland make-believe ones.


The difference between real premium servers and the wonderland make-believe premium servers:

Wonderland Premium Servers would be exactly the same as the free servers, providing the same updates, server quality, and dev/admin support.

Real Premium Servers will be better than the free servers in every way possible because they make Oxeye money.

Eventually, they will get rid of the free servers and just have pay servers, because that is what makes Oxeye money. MEH.

Send me more, this is great.
_________________
Supporter of not typing like a moron. (hay gime gld k tnx bi.)


Last edited by Boddah on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HeatOmen
Posts until end: 960


Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Posts: 56
Location: Canada, BC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever, I don't feel like wasting anymore time arguing about something stupid like this. I suggest standing down and locking your own topic, before more argumentative people like myself come along.
_________________
LOL DERES TIS GAM CALED DoD EVER HERD OF IT B4 CUZ ITS RLLY COL EVN DOUGH ITS NOT DUN YET............. NEWEYS HER IS LINK LOL HAV FUN GO DER ND SINE UP LOL TIS IS OLY PLAC GONA AVERTIS CUZ I HERD TAT PPL HER R SUPOSED 2 BEE INTRESTED!1 =D

http://www.dawnofdaria.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boddah
Posts until end: 960


Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 42
Location: Indiana, USA - GW Sucks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that will be fun if they do. I will PWN(lol) them like I did you.
_________________
Supporter of not typing like a moron. (hay gime gld k tnx bi.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pre
Posts until end: 600


Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 436
Location: CT, United States

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boddah wrote:
I will PWN(lol) them like I did you.


Quote:
Supporter of not typing like a moron


Enough said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 312
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

owned xD

I support this optional pay to play idea to 100%. I was a litle surprised and i got the feeling that we hadn't been told the trouth all along when they told us about the p2p.
But i quickly realized that this good for the project and hence also for the game.
I think the dara project will be much better than the Akarra project, and that is much thanks to this.

It very hard for a game developer to create a game and then keep updated with new things comming regularly. You can't expect him to first work his as of compleating then game, and then continue to update and support it for an continue amount of time for free(or even pay the maintenance form his own pocket)

A serious game project like this is more or less a full time work, and who's willing to work full time without pay year after year, even if you realy enjoy the work
A serious project need serious funding!

Think about that
_________________
[Cool][Smart][Sexy][Mighty]Dormeydo[/Mighty][/sexy][/Smart][/Cool]
<<Me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nanaki
Posts until end: 980


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 26
Location: Elsewhere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was a bit of a shame to hear of it becoming play to play as anything that people can do well at through buying extra items quickly gets filled with n00bs who have no idea how to play the game yet still have the best everything in the game, so cheapos like me feel screwed because we've tried really hard to get a mediocre armour and they got something far better for no real game effort. But as long as the paying things can't be abused like that, then the game maintains fairness and fun. And I'd rather that other people pay (believe me, I'm a cheapskate) for a game that will carry on going than have a free game that dies shortly after going into action.
_________________
FF7 and general RPG addict ^_^.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Xofia
Posts until end: 1000


Joined: 04 Dec 2004
Posts: 15
Location: California, US

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's likely no one will care, but I guess I'll comment on this while I'm catching up on what's been happening.
thewreck wrote:
[20:14] <thewreck> So, the game will probably stay free. however, there might pop up some thing around the game, such as a small google banner in the forums, and mayby a shop on the page where we sell stuff

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what I've read, but it seems the dev team has not implied that there will be any sort of premium server or special services. He was a little unclear in the quoted snippet on the first page, but it seems they were at first just considering google ads on the forum (I wouldn't mind, and that logo creates some empty space that could be used more constructively), and a merchandise shop (DoD shirts, mmm). In a later reply:
thewreck wrote:
there will be no 'advatages' to paying players well inside the game. By that i mean, they wouldnt recieve extra special items, or be able to do extra special things..

Here the idea is expanded upon a bit, hinting at purely ornamental rewards given to paying players - possibly different sprites, useless but pretty items (i.e. special flowers, not some ubersword), etc. Throughout this whole thread, he has never said that paying players will get any special benefits that will impact gameplay - so those who cannot or will not pay will not be put into an unfair situation.

It seems that most players have ignored these clues or perhaps focused on jeb's enigmatic reply that the game would be p2p because of oxeye's involvement. He never specified in what way the game would be p2p, so it seems most of you have jumped to the worst conclusions possible. As long as players remain on equal ground regardless of the money (or lack thereof) they have, I don't care what sort of fund generating measures the dev team takes.
_________________
neh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
God
Posts until end: 1000


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 18
Location: Behind the universe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have the banners/ads/pop ups, than a seperate server in which you'd pay for more stability. Likewise, anyone who's able to pay for benifits that others can't afford is extremely smite worthy. (which isn't the case here as of now)

Have a donation button. I'm sure people would chip in what they could, to keep their favorite game around. Some people are just that rich, and have nothing better to throw money at, so it helps everyone.

I'd say; see how it goes. But show us you care first, work with us.


psst, it's simple charity. *hands you a flower*
_________________
i understand you're frustrated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hayes
Posts until end: 1000


Joined: 06 May 2006
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it really depends on the price and how often it is to be paid. I will not pay $15 a month for DoD because if I had that to spend I would just go back to WoW. I came from WiA and decided to create this account when I saw Boddah, one of my friends from that game, stating his opinion and getting shot down for it. You people arguing with him need to realize that everyone has their own opinion and if it is not the same as yours it is still valid.

-Hayes aka Ed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Style by Oxeye Game Studio