Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allies & Enemies of a clan.. Tested?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
God
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Allies & Enemies of a clan.. Tested? Reply with quote

No.. not for the 'high five' HIV AIDS. But rather a series of quests or a dungeon would be completed to become enemies or allies with another group. And a token could be received, to show the bond between the two clans. (Much more involved than paying silver coins like we did in WiA)

Likewise, enemies who no longer wish to be enemies, would go a quest together, working side by side to break their feud.. or find it was well-founded, and leave it as it remains.

Actually playing together with these people, you learn that they can easily become your best friend, or deserve to be a forever foe. A great way to see if you can rely on someone, by completing puzzles or hunts with them. It's a splendid idea, run with it.

/Everyone loves tokens anyway. Twisted Evil
Minty
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm, interesting idea... I like.

I think that it would have to come coupled with greater benefits for clan alliances/enemies though, or people might decide it's not worth it. For example, exp-bonus when partying with anyone in an allied clan; or less severe pk punishments for someone in a clan you're enemies with.

Also, I guess it should be noted that declaring enemies doesn't have to be mutual, so that 'clan quest' should be only for the clan declaring. Whereas alliances should require both clans to work on the quest.
Poof
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An idea that I actually like the concept of. Nice. Not only would it serve to judge the people you must ally with, but it would also stop fools from just changing their alliances with others over petty differences.

+1 for God, even though you're not real.

-Poofy-
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clans war have to actually mean something, in WiA they meant nothing, if the losing clan was disbanded, or merged with the winning clan it would be worth it. If it stays at is way, Alliance or War means nothing.

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand God's post. What is the idea, really? Can somebody describe the same idea in a different way? Thanks! Smile
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Poof
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khaile:
Alliance changes were way too simple in the old WiA. Paying silver in WiA made alliance changes way too easy, when they should technically be a big deal. Basically the idea is to go on a series of quests or dungeons that would have a result of a change in alliance towards a certain clan/guild. Another possibility is to give the clans that participated a token or medal to show their bond, being it good or bad.

To change from Enemies back to neutral parties or allies, the two clans that wish to do so must participate in a quest together.[ I suggest that it be the clan leaders, that way you have a common ground for programming purposes possibly? ]

Not only is it an innovative idea, but questing with your enemies give you a chance to get to know them better and to possibly get along with them. Questing with your friends is just plain fun though.

That's what he was trying to say. Hope you understand it better. :S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey hey, maybe the ppl can be other categories inside the clan...
leades=r, general, comanders, soldiers, labors.
Dunno, but maybe the Clan leaders can determine it.

Visite : http://paginas.terra.com.br/lazer/akarriansoul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AquaritsBR wrote:
hey hey, maybe the ppl can be other categories inside the clan...
leades=r, general, comanders, soldiers, labors.
Dunno, but maybe the Clan leaders can determine it.

Yea like maybe warcraft (most likely in other games as well but I only play wc usually) where the people in the clan have ranks....chieftan, shaman, grunts, peon. That would be cool to incorporate.
AquaritsBR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect!

Visite : http://paginas.terra.com.br/lazer/akarriansoul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point to Chybi, clanwars sucked because death didn't. Free ride back to the obelisk and temporarily protected (break at will)... oh, please don't kill me.

Edit: Did anyone say it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: