Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holy shit, dude.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadowan
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewreck wrote:
Eventhough the same engine was used at first, when Oxeye came along everything, and i mean EVERYTHING was remade from scratch. Graphics, coding, sounds, you name it.

thewreck wrote:
X. Dawn of daria accepted and everything was remade from scratch,

Does this mean your still using the akarra source?
and if not can we have it please...ill be your friend Surprised

thewreck wrote:
X. during the summer, oxeye offered to help out (4 coders + 2 graphics dudes), but under the requirement that it would become a commercial game (something you can fund your living making).

Does this mean that DoD will become a PtP game...as in you HAVE to pay money to play it?

If not then are you really going to split the servers for paying and non paying people?

Will DoD be another "kill all monsters till you get so powerful that killing stuff gets boring and you start on the other players" type of game or will it have trade skills like smithing, cooking ect ect?

TBH when i first heard that Oxeye were involved i knew instantly there would be some sort of fees involved and it came as no surprise to me.

I wont be paying either, never have and never will...its nothing personal and im not trying to insult your skills or the game or anything but i just have this thing about not paying for stuff that has no physical matter, the very few exceptions being stuff i have to pay for like TV license and Internet and such...Internet serious business Very Happy
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boddah, you didn't own me. All you did was make yourself look like even more of an idiot than before. First of all, did I say anywhere that the production of WiA was ceased because of lack of funding? NO. Anybody with experience would know that games without a source of income have a smaller chance of long-term survival than games that have one. DURR. Idiot. Next time, make sure you THINK before you THINK that you owned somebody.

And as for the rule about 'bashing towards other players', you're just too illiterate and retarded to understand what it means. =/
LOL DERES TIS GAM CALED DoD EVER HERD OF IT B4 CUZ ITS RLLY COL EVN DOUGH ITS NOT DUN YET............. NEWEYS HER IS LINK LOL HAV FUN GO DER ND SINE UP LOL TIS IS OLY PLAC GONA AVERTIS CUZ I HERD TAT PPL HER R SUPOSED 2 BEE INTRESTED!1 =D

http://www.dawnofdaria.com/
Poof
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeatOmen wrote:
First of all, the DoD crew obviously, unquestionably needs a source of income to ensure that it doesn't get wiped off the map like WiA already has.

That comes off to me as implying WiA had a lack of income. You used the word like, which is used frequently in comparisons.

As for the rule about player bashing, Boddah told you where to stick it. He didn't bash any specific player in his first post and you came in, teenage emotions raging, and started bitching because some one had something to say that you didn't agree with. You need to calm down.

On topic....

I don't have enough time to play this game either way, so it really doesn't matter that it's Pay To Play. K.
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get how people like you (Boddah) can get so pissed off at the devs. Yes they did say it will be free, I was a little dissapointed as first, but thats it. The devs dont owe you anything, you should be happy that there at least putting out a free server. If you're angry about paying, go play a different mmorpg. We dont need another ZOMGWTFBBQ@!@!!?!11 thi5 g4m3 isn+ free WTF!?! thi5 5uck5 person.
thewreck
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as pre said,, ehum, in a sorta special manner... please do not forget that the game will not be pay to play. It will rather be "play, and perhaps pay and play some more, yo!"

more in that spririt =)
Demonslayer7
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, it is not what Daria can do for you... It is what YOU can do for Daria!
Gazeibo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanquol wrote:
TBH I wouldn't pay for DoD, especially as I already pay for WoW.

agreed, having played the alpha its not really worth paying to play anyways Confused
Boddah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodliness. Look at that. No one from the original community is willing to pay.

Alienate your community.
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boddah wrote:
Oh my goodliness. Look at that. No one from the original community is willing to pay.

Alienate your community.

Me?
HeatOmen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boddah, you're thinking about yourself, all you probably care about is yourself, aand.. well.. that's about it. You're putting yourself in a light which makes yourself look like a self-centered moron, and not even stopping for a second to think WHY DoD has went from from 100% free to 99% free. Now stop trying to make the dev team feel bad about this whole thing, and actually THINK about what you're doing for a second. Complaining/hinting isn't going to change anything, so your actions are COMPLETELY in-vain.

One thing that's really annoying me out of all this, is the fact that it seems like you're trying to rally support in this matter. Nobody wants to join you, so if this is the case, please don't even..

EDIT: You still haven't told us what's so bad about premium servers yet. The REAL premium servers, and not the wonderland make-believe ones.

To Poof: Sorry if I was a little too ranty, but i'm one of those people who stands up for what they believe in.. pfft, he didn't even think over what he was trying to say, and he also misinterpreted a few things, so I didn't have to tell you that. Also, I see you're both from the same state. I should have just ignored you. >_>
LOL DERES TIS GAM CALED DoD EVER HERD OF IT B4 CUZ ITS RLLY COL EVN DOUGH ITS NOT DUN YET............. NEWEYS HER IS LINK LOL HAV FUN GO DER ND SINE UP LOL TIS IS OLY PLAC GONA AVERTIS CUZ I HERD TAT PPL HER R SUPOSED 2 BEE INTRESTED!1 =D

http://www.dawnofdaria.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: