Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Release
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hachi
Posts until end: 1000


Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: lol zolo Reply with quote

same with me, and my parent wont let me sign up with paypal they thinks its a waste of money,

yet it comes out of my bank account
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nanaki
Posts until end: 980


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 26
Location: Elsewhere

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just scroungy. I probably would be able to give money but I'm tight and want all money to be MINE.
_________________
FF7 and general RPG addict ^_^.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Erevan
Posts until end: 1000


Joined: 05 May 2005
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still not convinced. It's not that im a tight bastad who won't spend money on a game.... well, yeah, that's partly true, but how about if i get a crack for DoD. Im sure i can conjure up a "no_pay_to_play.crack" file somehow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stalker
Posts until end: 980


Joined: 25 Aug 2005
Posts: 20
Location: 255.255.255.255

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erevan wrote:
Im still not convinced. It's not that im a tight bastad who won't spend money on a game.... well, yeah, that's partly true, but how about if i get a crack for DoD. Im sure i can conjure up a "no_pay_to_play.crack" file somehow.

Using a crack to run a game without a valid license is a bit different from using an online service without paying. The difference isn't client- but server-side.
_________________
"Trust is a weakness"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Talonz
Posts until end: 850


Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 154
Location: Stockton, California

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that "crack" would have to be able to hack into the DoD server and physical move the files around so that you're on the pay server and not the free one. :p That is why there are no cracks for games requireing a subscription/payment for an account (take WoW or GW for example, but this is just an assumption).
_________________

This... This must be a nightmare! Those eyes... It's like looking into the eyes of the diablo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Manifold
Posts until end: 600


Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 457
Location: Treading my dreams, UK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talonz wrote:
Well that "crack" would have to be able to hack into the DoD server and physical move the files around so that you're on the pay server and not the free one. :p That is why there are no cracks for games requireing a subscription/payment for an account (take WoW or GW for example, but this is just an assumption).

You have, instead, people who host completely different servers and then crack the client to point it towards that server. But you'll still need the server software for that..

Lineage II is a prime example of this.

I doubt this will happen for Dawn of Daria unless someone gets hold of the server software.
_________________
Once known as Novan Silverglow
'So can you name your demon?
Understand its scheming/
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'


The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stalker
Posts until end: 980


Joined: 25 Aug 2005
Posts: 20
Location: 255.255.255.255

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manifold wrote:
Talonz wrote:
Well that "crack" would have to be able to hack into the DoD server and physical move the files around so that you're on the pay server and not the free one. :p That is why there are no cracks for games requireing a subscription/payment for an account (take WoW or GW for example, but this is just an assumption).

You have, instead, people who host completely different servers and then crack the client to point it towards that server. But you'll still need the server software for that..

Lineage II is a prime example of this.

I doubt this will happen for Dawn of Daria unless someone gets hold of the server software.

And even if someone managed to get hold of the server somehow, they would then be stuck with an old version when the real server and client continues to be developed.
_________________
"Trust is a weakness"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nazzy
Posts until end: 900


Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syringe wrote:
Perfect, I'm going on vacation on the 18th. XD


Haha it was the same for me but im back now Razz

and on the whole pay thing, here is my view of it, you can either have an average mmo for free or a decent one for what 10 quid a month, now, if you are a big gamer then thats not going to bother you as you will most likley pay at least 30 pounds dollers what ever a month for a new game released on which ever platform, where daria differs from most mmo's however is that it does not at this point charge you for the software!

anyway if you want to whine at 10 quid a month tops go on, you will only make yourself a fool in my eyes.

Happy ranting.
Nazzy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Style by Oxeye Game Studio