Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Walking NPCs...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miklotov
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well he got his route i followed him once an checked out how i can fetch him the fastest not only the coast spot on the east. There you were able to met the lame ones who were already sick and agro becauze they didn't spend some time to get rid of his route just missed him and were forced to wait hahahaha,... also it was always fun meeting ppl at the coast havin some smalltalks and may found some fellas alot of fellowships started at the east coast where he passed every 30 or 40 mins i think it was (close to the end ecky often got bugged somewhere in the south (south of hope) i think they changed or made his route bigger or he just got bugged i don't know, care)

His route wasn't random he had cornerspots he was forced to pass i guess
TbbW
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey how about we put the dev staff od DoD on helium and make them record idle talk from the npc's ^^
atleast i wuld luv to go back to town lol.
the DoD version of santa wuld be nice with jeb on helium for sure Very Happy
dont u guys agree? Smile
Nanaki
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few points:

1) In real life people wouldn't wait in the same spot for their entire life, especially if they had a job mainly based on travelling like a merchant.
2) A merchant would also need to travel, but mainly they would travel between different towns in order to buy low at one place then sell for a much greater price at another place in order to make his profit.
3) After the idea of having NPCs that attack monsters; you could also have monsters that travel, passing through certain points and even at certain times going through the main areas (maybe not the high level monsters Razz) which could add the fact that whilst monsters were passing through town everyone ran and hid or tryed to fight (or AFKed and died Razz.)
4) I also support the idea of NPCs attacking monsters but you could also have in higher areas that if an NPC is way stronger than you he may just decide to PK you and steal your items, as this is the kind of thing that would actually happen.

May add more ideas later.
Demonslayer7
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like the idea of moving NPC's. I think Eckard's path was a bit broad... I'd like to had seen it shortened a bit... But immobile NPC's are just plain unrealistic and boring. Like cardboard cut outs.
MuggstaH
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're going to talk about how real the NPC's would be, if they just stood at one spot compared to when they walk around. Shouldn't the shops close and open aswell? open at dawn and close at .. evening, nightfall. Thats my opinion though.

Alltough i would agree that it would be wery cool if NPC's walked from town to town selling buying stuff. But the idea where they run around carelessly in the wilderness like eckard did who was a merchant. No merchants after my opinion walks around in the wilderness with no goal. merchants travel from town to town. Syke though who was a ranger/hunter, hunting for example wolfs. That was ok.

If it's possible, a NPC could walk around hunting for example food and fur (killing wolfs) and then come back to town and "open a small shop." And then sleep at night and go early to hunt in the morning or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: