Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Release
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nanaki
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how many people will be allowed on a free server?
thewreck
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanna clear up a misunderstanding before things go out of hand:

misunderstanding:

"game credits will only be used when i play in the world of daria, and thus just hanging around and chatting with people will cost money"

- game credits will work just like, say WoW game credits work, you pay X money, get 30 days to play. However, we dont like this system, so we added another feature to this already working system. At the end of the 30 days we check how much you have played. If you havnt played much at all, you are now given X amount of ingame hours, say 30 (hours that only expire when you are IN the game). This means, if you game alot, sitting around chatting does not cost you anything, cause your credits are only gonna last you 30 days anyhow. However if you game really little, you can play the game occasionally for a year without paying for more credits.

Also. It is rather hard to give good answers to details, cause frankly, we dont know. (amount of free slots of server, amount of servers, cost for credits, time for credits...and so on...)

Also, just a side note. Akarra had its limit too, even though i dont think it was ever reached but at 128 players or so noone could join. Hopefully we will be able to supply the same amount of relative space (never being filled to the brim). But if the game turns out very popular, with the free server filled all the time, who knows, mayby we will boot up another free server?

I think that i speak for most of oxeye here, when i say that making games full time is our goal. I want to dedicate myself 100% to my passion, which is just that, to watch games evolve and become something. This is one great step towards it i think. Even if the silly alpha is far from the final product, i think you will see alot of our love imbued in it.

/cya in silly alpha on release day!
DarkHydra
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, this Pay to Play system won't be enforced until 1st official release correct? I mean, it seems silly to force people to pay during Alpha and Beta, which are testing phases, and during which time buggy releases and char resets are not uncommon. I'm sure ya'll got this planned out some so I should just wait and see. I'll check it out on the 19th, prolly be gone on the 18th, so everyone will get a 1 day jump on flower hunting. Looking forward to it.
Eponick
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkHydra wrote:
Just to be clear, this Pay to Play system won't be enforced until 1st official release correct?

That is correct Smile
Demonslayer7
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewreck wrote:
- game credits will work just like, say WoW game credits work, you pay X money, get 30 days to play. However, we dont like this system, so we added another feature to this already working system. At the end of the 30 days we check how much you have played. If you havnt played much at all, you are now given X amount of ingame hours, say 30 (hours that only expire when you are IN the game). This means, if you game alot, sitting around chatting does not cost you anything, cause your credits are only gonna last you 30 days anyhow. However if you game really little, you can play the game occasionally for a year without paying for more credits.

How about they just get their own IRC channel. Razz
lol j/k. I think it is nice you are trying to accomodate their interests.
Vilinh
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me waits patiently for 4 more days!!

Good luck on Daria. May there be no lagg
Nexego
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erevan,

People pay 15 euro per 3 months for the game Tibia (www.tibia.com), which is useless. The game use to have 40k players online on 70 servers. Just check the graphics, the people who play and the game features, and you will understand that it's worthless. I myself, cannot understand how people can pay for that game.

I'm one of thouse who said I would be able to pay to play Akarra, and I'm going to stick to what I've said.
I am going to pay for Daria if the price is not ridiculous. Paying for a MMORPG will be a must, if the game shall live long, and I'm sure that everyone would like Daria to live long, right?
I'm not saying that I'm happy to pay for it, but if the price is right, I'm sure it will be worth it.

Signed,
Nexego

Named Nexego in the Silly Alpha and Assassin Lillian in Alpha2.

Hello, darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision
That was planted in my brain
Still remain
Within the sound of silence

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e227/Nexego/
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/Slakt/
Hachi
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Awsome Reply with quote

i just hope its no pay to play or i cant play.
Syringe
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, I'm going on vacation on the 18th. XD
zolaman
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pay to play would be realy hard for me... parents think games are a waste of money Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: