Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Release
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vilinh
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BudMan wrote:
HeatOmen wrote:

Quote:

I think you should be able to earn some credits in game. Like the 30 free you are giving out soon. So that us poor folks might have a chance to get some and play a bit for free.

And minimize their profits? Heh, yeah right. I'm all for the credit trading, but being able to earn credits instead of paying for them like you're supposed to, thus defeating the purpose of funding and inspiring the development team.. just.. no. You're evil for even mentioning something like that.

I think if you were able to earn credits for like a prize or something. More people would wanna purchase credits. Which would help maximize profits. I mean lets say you give away 100 credits per month for collecting a priceless item or completing a very hard quest. If just 3 people thought that idea was cool and purchased 100 credits each thats triple your investment.

I guess the real question is would this idea get even 1 extra person to purchase credits cause if it would then anything after that would be profit.

AFAIK Daria wasn't supposed to make a profit. I think this is only to cover server cost. And I dont like the idea of people who pay get an unfair advantage. Personally I think paying could have better rewards than just giving other players items etc.

Good luck on Daria. May there be no lagg
HeatOmen
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a lot of experience with this thing, so I know very damn well that games without some form of income have a much lesser chance of long-term survival than those that do. Anyways, having contests for credits is good on occassions, but hold too many, and you'll have WAAY too many people trying to win at those instead of just buying them.
LOL DERES TIS GAM CALED DoD EVER HERD OF IT B4 CUZ ITS RLLY COL EVN DOUGH ITS NOT DUN YET............. NEWEYS HER IS LINK LOL HAV FUN GO DER ND SINE UP LOL TIS IS OLY PLAC GONA AVERTIS CUZ I HERD TAT PPL HER R SUPOSED 2 BEE INTRESTED!1 =D

http://www.dawnofdaria.com/
BudMan
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who said anything about giving players items? and how does this have anything to do with players who pay having an unfair advantage? either people do not know how to read or is my english THAT fuggin bad~
steven1022
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might just be me, but I think the whole paying thing is a bad idea all together ofcourse I am sure if the servers were split the pay ones would be rid of ALOT of little kids that are just annoying most of the time just for the fact that they dont have a card to pay with, or a way to pay at all....it just gives me a bad feeling I mean a couple weeks ago I was just day dreaming out of nowhere about Akarra and how great it was just to play and level and save money and chill in game, and thinking wow this game gives me just as much as any other game and even more then some other games that you have to pay for, just my opinion I don't think it will be better.

Also if the servers will not be split, I might not be clear on this, but if non payers and payers play on the same server what is it going to be like, the players who play can just log on their character on the special server? I think this is going to turn into one of those games that are just annoying to deal with then enjoyable to play...

Just so everyone knows I understand I am saying that there will be no profits and the game will suck in a way, if you have any smarts understand thats not what I meant it is just what I think about after reading this topic, I am more then happy to pay to play it just kind of throws me away from the greatness of Akarra to the slums of unoriginality being just like every other Pay to Play game.

Now that I reread my post and think I am sure it will maintain its originality with this new credit system and I am almost positive the game won't suck those were just my first thoughts, hope I made sence, and I think it will all depend on how much it is to play because if an avid player who is on everyday ends up paying about 50 dollars a month just because he is in game that much then it would kind of suck if you liked the game, but if you played a couple weekends a month it would be nice, so the monthly cost would actually probably help some people alot, maybe there could be a choice that you could pick or switch too, if you play alot a monthly fee, and if you play when theres time which is not that often then you could do the in game time thing.... thoughts, I gotta get some sleep I will be back to see the news tomorrow or the next day.

Sorry for my unbelievably long run on sentences all seperated by commas, I usually go back and make sentences heh, but I am tired.
Minty
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayyy I think I will be gone on the 18th. But I'll have to check - I'm sure I'll be able to find some time to get on. I would love just to see the new world.

Pay is interesting, and I'm sure necessary - but not enough information to say anything...
AquaritsBR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey hey... i am tryng undestend but... but dunno.
the ppl will need pay to play DoD?

Visite : http://paginas.terra.com.br/lazer/akarriansoul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nexego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AquaritsBR wrote:
hey hey... i am tryng undestend but... but dunno.
the ppl will need pay to play DoD?

People will not have to pay to be able to play Daria. Although people who pay will have a bigger chance on getting on the server, if it's full or close to full. And may get a few extra features. That's what I've heard.

Named Nexego in the Silly Alpha and Assassin Lillian in Alpha2.

Hello, darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision
That was planted in my brain
Still remain
Within the sound of silence

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e227/Nexego/
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/Slakt/
AquaritsBR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok tnx a lots bro... now is more clear Very Happy

Visite : http://paginas.terra.com.br/lazer/akarriansoul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nexego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AquaritsBR wrote:
ok tnx a lots bro... now is more clear Very Happy

Anytime mate Wink

Named Nexego in the Silly Alpha and Assassin Lillian in Alpha2.

Hello, darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision
That was planted in my brain
Still remain
Within the sound of silence

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e227/Nexego/
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/Slakt/
Erevan
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now, i am really disappointed that we may have to pay to play daria. If my understandings are correct, if i pay, i will be guaranteed a place on the "private" server. But if i dont pay, i will not neccesarily be able to play on the "free" server because there are limited spaces on it, and once it is full, i have to wait for a free
space.
I remember, back in the day when everyone could play WiA for free and have a good laugh. We had a good community. No-one took it too seriously, because it was free. You could have a good time, and do what you wanted, talk to your mates that were on the other side of the world or have fun exploring. Steven1022 seems to be on the same wavelength as me. But now, because you pay for the amount of time that you play, you cant do any of those things because you are wasting your play-time. You are under pressure to get as much lvling in as you can so that you arn't wasting your money talking to people. Nobody wants to pay to talk to people.

Moreover, I can just imagine now (assuming i don't pay) i go to play on the free server and see that the server is full. Nobody is going to pay for a game they havnt played yet, so everybody will be trying to get on the server. Ok, so thats not too bad i think, i'll just wait for a turn. But oh no, there are soo many people trying to get on it that im told "please be patient, you are number 1000th in the queue". GREAT!!!
Well, i suppose i can handle not being able to play the next generation game that spawned from WiA. I suppose i'll just sit it out for a couple of hours (or even days if people realise that once they get online, they will want to get a good amount of playing time before they have to join the back of the queue again.)
Wel, im not goin to wait all day, so i'll leave my comp on while waiting in the queue, but no, im booted for being afk for longer than 30 mins because i wasnt at my comp.
Ok, Nice, i have finally got online onto the free sever after waiting in the queue for over a month. This game turns out to be pretty good. i think i'll pay for some credits. CREDITS??? seems like you are trying to make it sound like paying for this game isnt actually paying for it. "You pay for credits, which you can use to play." Trying to soften the blow?

I may well be wrong, and i will appologise if i am, but this game will have to be a Fuggin good one to be worthy of me having to pay for it. It's not that im a tight bastard that wont put his hand in his pocket to pay out for things,but if i wanted to pay for a game i would go out to the store and buy one (WoW seems like the best MMORPG to pay for.)
i remember the fact that this game was going to be free was one of the reasons that everyone was so looking forward to it, the community of WiA with a new world and some new Gfx.

Well, good luck with it. im sure i will be playing on the SillyAlpha when it comes out so that i can experience the start game while it is free, even if it isnt the final copy.

Im darn sure that i have wasted my time in writing this, and that i will not be taken any notice of but i felt that i had to make my thoughts heard. I have waited for over 2 years for this game, only to be largely disappointed at the final hurdle. As i mentioned, i may be wrong (and i hope that i am) as i know how much effort has gone into the development of this game.

Erevan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: