Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Release
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewreck
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: First Release Reply with quote

Dawn of Daria First Release!

The First Public Alpha to be released on 18th February

The crew behind Dawn of Daria is happy to announce that the first public version of Dawn of Daria will be released on 18th February! This will be a simple, yet enjoyable, alpha release intended to test the performance of the new client and server. It will also let you get a first look at what has happened since we rewrote the whole game from scratch! The test will run from the 18th and continue for two weeks.

So, what does that mean? Will this game have monsters, quests and spells? Nope. Will it allow me to create a character? Yes, but with only a few options. Will our characters be saved? Nope. Will Daria always be like this? No, of course not.

To avoid confusion like this, we will call this release for the "Silly Alpha". In the Silly Alpha, you will be able to do the following:

Walk around, chat with friends, collect flowers, eat flowers to get faster and compete in two different challenges.

The first challenge is: Who can collect the most flowers during the testing period? Who-ever has the most flowers (in total) when the test ends will win a prize. Also, the one who has the most Oxeye Daisies will also win a prize!

The second challenge is: Who has the fastest run time from the "Start!" marker to the "Goal!" marker? You will find these markers inside the game.

The three winners will receive one copy of The Strategist and 30 Daria Game Credits that can be used in future releases. The same player may not win two prizes, so in that case the runner-up will get the prize instead. Also, to be eligible to win, your account information must be correct.

Now you may be thinking, "Hey hey, what's up with that Daria Game Credits?" Yep, you guessed right; Dawn of Daria will not be a completely free game. It will still be possible to play for free, but Dawn of Daria will have a system with premium servers that cost money to play on. The reason for this is simply to avoid Dawn of Daria to perish like Whispers in Akarra did. All of you who have tried to run an Akarran shard knows how much time it takes!

Don't worry too much about that now, though, but look forward to this Silly Alpha as we do! The client will be available for download a few days before we open the server.

Questions? Comments? Use the forum or join us at quakenet on IRC, channel #Daria.
TbbW
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

way to go!

nice way to stress tesst the server and client with Smile
alot of ppl running around on events suld be nice abount of stress Razz

now i wonder who will bring the "bullar" and coffy to the event...
Rech
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BD!

BatMUD!
Nazzy
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm well im not bothered about paying for things, lol im just intrigued as to how the system will work. And yea il be there, may live on it for abit see how far i can get lol.
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Shocked

I've been waitng for this in about two years Laughing

What will you be able to with the game credits? And how much will it cost to buy them?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thats the first day of feb. vacation so i'll have plenty of time to play.
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dormeydo wrote:
OMG Shocked

I've been waitng for this in about two years Laughing

What will you be able to with the game credits? And how much will it cost to buy them?

We are not sure about the pricing, so I can't say much about that. However, we want to use a system where you are not "forced to play". In other words, it will not be a subscription that you have to pay every month, instead you pay for an amout of game time, and that time is only spent when you are online.
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeb wrote:

We are not sure about the pricing, so I can't say much about that. However, we want to use a system where you are not "forced to play". In other words, it will not be a subscription that you have to pay every month, instead you pay for an amout of game time, and that time is only spent when you are online.

Sounds perfect for me!
I'm going on 11 months of military service and in don't want to pay any monthly fees and i still want to play when i'm home Very Happy

The credits will only be used to buy playing hours right?
So you can't but items and other things to get an advantage in-game. I don't want that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BudMan
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally its here! The moment has arrived. WOOT!!!

The more someone plays the more they have to pay? heh that would suck for me Sad
MikeFTrevino
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking forward to this. after playing a few akkara servers and enjoying them, I look forward to seeing how this turns out. Thanks for you hard work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: