Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things that DoD should NOT have.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we shouldn't have n00bs... Oh wait... Who would I practice my PK skills on then? Damn... I'll think of something. We shouldn't have level protections for people that spam text. >=] Yeah. TPK status added if they continue the textual assault on the masses. Oh, I'm liking this.

* Stant writes it down and sends it to Kal.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Archosseus
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every chest being locked isn't right. Some chests, maybe the more valueable with content chests should be locked. In fact they must be locked.

For example some random boss monster of a dungeon is guarding his beloved amulet of mystical powers. A sneak sneakes in his chamber and grabs it. To easy. It would be very logical if the boss would have locked it or made some slave lock it. If he drops it then that's fine, he was probably wearing it or safe keeping it but if he does not wear it it should be in a locked chest and maybe to resolve some newbie dropping in and snitching the reward, make the boss drop when defeated the only key working on the chest.

When a player or party defeats a boss the player or party gets the reward because it's rightfully theirs to take. So.. the chest is too.

The way to deal with the chest locking again is simple. Monsters respawn right? Well if the boss in scenario would have died by someone elses hand he has to respawn. Wether or not the key was taken, the chest was opened or whatever - the monster will respawn with the only key to the chest. If someone had the key in their inventory, dropped it or gave it to someone else it should simply dissapear and go back to the boss. This way you can't keep a key.

Another way to solve this is give the key a spawn time. 5 minutes? After 5 minutes the key vanishes so no one will ever keep it.

These kind of 'boss' chests should be heavily armored chests and perhaps with a special enchantment to avoid people bashing it open or unlocking it with a spell. Regular chests though, wether locked or not should be unlockable in the ways seen possible.

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on a second here. Nobody said anything about EVERY chest being locked... The suggestion was that chests COULD be locked.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Archosseus
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant wrote:
Hang on a second here. Nobody said anything about EVERY chest being locked... The suggestion was that chests COULD be locked.
I know. I just wanted to say that before someone would possibly suggest it in the future. ;D

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
TbbW
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i agree with Archosseus post on page 1 exept a player that get's pk'd suld loose like 5% exp or there wuld be no point in pk'ing him at all.

if you die as an pk u loose 10% and same with mobs.

also around the spawning area in town i think it suld be a peace zone. like a small area so newly spawned players can rest up b4 they get attacked again. ( to prevent spawn camping that whas so popular, u know respawn have 0hp one hit ur dead again.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: